Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A TMI ? for mom's of boys (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69292)

amegrl520 12-03-2006 07:39 PM

A TMI ? for mom's of boys

My ds is just about a year old and today for the first time when I changed him I noticed his male part was uhhhh "working." Is that normal??? It was like that again later when I changed him too.

TwinKristi 12-03-2006 07:43 PM

Re: A TMI ? for mom's of boys

I've only noticed it when my boys first wake up, and only one or 2 of my boys have really had that happen more than a handful of time. No pun intended... LOL
My DS found his "new toy" and as soon as his diaper is off his hand goes for it! LOL

mistylaureena 12-03-2006 07:46 PM

yeah its totally normal...my lil' brotehr was born when I was 17 yrs old and this happened to him all the time and my mom aske dth dr and he said it totally normal just more common in some boys than others...but ds now happens every now and then maybe once or twice every couple of weeks and almost every time when he wakes up and is not fully awake...I think its just a natural part of male bodies...HTH:thumbsup:

jenmcfar 12-03-2006 07:48 PM

I'm so sorry, this is just tooooooo funny to me. :rofl: I am the mom of four boys, and this is perfectly normal. I'm actually surprised you haven't noticed this before him with him being as old as he is. I have seen ultrasound pics of baby boys with erections. (I had an OB once who remarked to me about how that was normal since there isn't a whole lot to play with in utero! :laugh: ) Anyhow, yes this is quite normal, and I'd expect a whole lot more sightings of functioning parts too. :thumbsup:

amegrl520 12-03-2006 07:48 PM

Thanks. I felt so silly asking, but I'd have felt even sillier asking my pedi!!! It did happen both times when I changed him when he wasn't fully awake.

Sarah 12-03-2006 09:55 PM

It's totally normal. I remember laughing really hard the first time I saw my ds do it,and now that he's older(6)he does it more purposely.

urchin_grey 12-03-2006 09:59 PM

Yup, it happens with DS a lot right when he wakes up. The first time he was just a few months old and when I told his dad he said "see, I told you boys get that in the morning!" :hehe2:

tessa1002 12-03-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenmcfar (Post 501032)
I'm so sorry, this is just tooooooo funny to me. :rofl: I am the mom of four boys, and this is perfectly normal. I'm actually surprised you haven't noticed this before him with him being as old as he is. I have seen ultrasound pics of baby boys with erections. (I had an OB once who remarked to me about how that was normal since there isn't a whole lot to play with in utero! :laugh: ) Anyhow, yes this is quite normal, and I'd expect a whole lot more sightings of functioning parts too. :thumbsup:

:yeahthat: DS is always "excited" down there. :giggle:

Hayley 12-03-2006 10:03 PM

LMBO My dad was VERY proud when I asked him about Noah and Noah was only 4-5 months old when it happened. Most of the time it is right when he wakes up. But I have seen it other times too. Can kinda make you worry if you have never seen a baby do that before but my dad said it was Totally normal.

bsydprmkn 12-03-2006 10:04 PM

yeah ds is one of those more active boys. there have been times i havent been able to put a diaper on him, cause well ya know. LOL