Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I'm trying hard....Update (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69378)

FastLaneMama 12-04-2006 05:01 AM

I'm trying hard....Update

to make it 1 yr nursing my dd, but my boobs are giving up on me. Now, I 'm no stranger to nursing, I've bf all of my 4 kids each one a little longer than the one before. Now, I'm struggling to make it to at least the 1yr mark. I went back to work in Aug. and my freezer stash is gone and I'm pumping as much as I can to barely scrape up enough for her to drink.:banghead:

I pump at 5am, 9:30am (1st break, if I get it) and afterschool. I also pump before I go to bed. Lately, I'm getting less than 1/2 oz each time! I was taking Fenugreek, and then stopped now I'm back on the pills again. I don't want my dd on formula or a whole bunch of juice during the day.

Please send some letdown, milk producing vibes my way:goodvibes: Oh yeah, I'm trying to drink more water, haven't tried the oatmeal yet:yuck: ....any other things I can do, I let dd nurse as often as she can stay focused on the boob:mrgreen: ?

Thanks

Well, when it rains, it pours! My pump started conking out on me. Sadly, I waited too late too call Medela and when I fax my receipt (hopefully tonite), I can get a new pump Monday. And, of course I lost a piece or two to my reliable Avent pump. I hate to go pay for another manual pump this weekend because I don't know if I'm going to continue to pump after she's one, it's just too hard - time wise.

FancifulFanny 12-04-2006 05:05 AM

Re: I'm trying hard

Sending the vibes....:goodvibes: ...

Wish I could do more. Sounds like you're doing all the right things. I only made it to 9 months (chronic mastitis).

Parvati 12-04-2006 06:56 AM

Fenugreek and oatmeal are both great. You can get oatmeal in other places than just a bowl of lumpy, grey cereal. Cheerios are made of oats. Oatmeal bread, oatmeal cookies. Luckily, I love oatmeal and eat it almost everyday for breakfast, anyway.

FastLaneMama 12-04-2006 02:42 PM

Thanks for the vibes fanciful and mamallama, I never knew I could get the oatmeal other ways:lostit: I have a huge box of cheerios for dd so I could munch on that all day. I'm going to try some oatmeal, I need it fo rmy cholesterol anyway.

Thanks,

somersocial 12-04-2006 03:46 PM

:lostit: I figured the oatmeal thing out last month when I had a craving for no bake oatmeal cookies. I made the cookies and dh and dd didn't like them - so over a 4 day period I managed to eat all of them :cry: ! I had breastmilk dang near coming out of my ears! LOL!

Hope it works for you!
Niccole

ebutterfly782 12-05-2006 10:43 AM

Ohhh....No bake oatmeal cookies... Never thought of that. I need something too. Almost made it 7 months now. I begin the countdown to my next goal of 9 months!

Sending let-down vibes your way Tamara!

iloveaidan&finley 12-05-2006 11:25 AM

I eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday and I have more milk than my baby can even drink. If I even go a few days without it I can tell a huge difference. I just eat the instant Whole Foods brand, they have a few different flavors and it's not that bad. Have you ever tried raw oatmeal in yogurt w/fruit? You could also make some granola with it. It's not my favorite food either, but eating it is worth having all of this milk! :goodvibes:

hippiemama 12-05-2006 11:58 AM

i found a laction boosting oatmeal cookie recipe onliv=ne and they are really good. they have flaxseed meal, brewers yeast, and chocolate. i'llhave to see if i can find the link again. if i find it i'll post it.

mommy21princess 12-05-2006 03:29 PM

I've read on some places that the Instant Oatmeal doesn't help with milk. I've been eating it and it wasn't helping and then I was told about that. Good luck though. I'm sure you can make it. Just think HAPPY THOUGHTS!! LOL

mommyto3girls 12-05-2006 05:59 PM

If all of that doesn't work domperidone can be a miracle drug for some. I have been on it since April when Sage was 10 1/2 months. I started on a dose of 30 mg a day and now take 60 mg a day. You can increase up to 120 mg. I didn't have the pills downstairs last night when I was sorting my pills (I have crohn's Disease so take a million and one pills) so I missed the dom last night, this morning and this afternoon. I had basically no milk for Sage before bed. Luckily she is 18 months so she also drinks rice milk and keifer (she can not tolerate cow's milk) www.globaldrug.tv has the best prices