Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which dipes do you prefer? Serged or T&T edges? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7047)

~Woollybottoms Mama~ 05-18-2006 04:06 PM

Which dipes do you prefer? Serged or T&T edges?

Just trying to get a feel for what most of you like. Do you like serged edges, or t&T (turned & topstitched) the best? Also, do you like side snap or front snapping best? Thanks for your :2cents: I have my diaper in the works and it is going through some rigorous testing right now. I am just trying to get all the best features bundled into 1 dipe. Thanks mamas!

kezoo 05-18-2006 04:08 PM

Re: Which dipes do you prefer? Serged or T&T edges?

My favorite combo is T&T and side-snap. Both my kids have sensitive skin and serging irritates their thighs. With most front-snappers I end up w/ major wing droop, as both my kids have quite narrow hips. Plus, I think side-snap T&T dipes just look better, too. :thumbsup:

kimb96 05-18-2006 04:08 PM

Definetely side snap. I like my serged and t&t equally. I especially like serged edges with varigated threads.

lavieenrose 05-18-2006 04:09 PM

I prefer t&t. As for the snaps - I like the side snaps on the swaddlebees, where they're really high up. I usually don't like snaps if they fall lower on the leg, if that's how the diaper fits I prefer it to snap in the front. To be honest, I usually get everything aplix. GL with your testing!

MamaLove 05-18-2006 04:14 PM

I like t&t and front snapping with 3 snaps on the wings to prevent wing droop. I do like the prettiness of multi-colored serging, and it seems t&t dipes are hard to find, so most of mine are serged, although I don't really like the ruffly look. Side snaps never fit my ds well...always too tight in the front and loose in the back for some reason.

~Woollybottoms Mama~ 05-18-2006 04:18 PM

You know I had not even considered t&t originally. I guess like mamalove said, they are harder to find. I am so happy to hear that everyone so far loves the t&t because I am finding my serging skills to kind of suck when it came to the wings. Oh, I am lots better, but can't get the wings as narrow as I want. I think I am going to play with t&t tonight. I was getting discouraged with serging. I need as many opinions as I can get to get this diaper perfect.

hollyhobby30 05-18-2006 04:34 PM

T & T and although I like the looks of front snapping dipes, I find that SS give me a better fit.

wbkt8 05-18-2006 04:43 PM

i have mainly serged & front snapping and i like them BUT i really really love the few T&T SS fitteds that i have.

i esp. love ss fitteds that don't have the front elastic.

GrowingUpMad 05-18-2006 04:57 PM

I like T&T best but most are serged and I love them as well. I prefer aplix but front snap is a close second. I may end up with a totally different theory when I actually have a baby in cloth diapers. I am mainly just going based on appearence.

FitMommyOf2 05-18-2006 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollyhobby30
T & T and although I like the looks of front snapping dipes, I find that SS give me a better fit.

:yeahthat:

Wow, Shannon,
you're not busy enough with your woolybottoms, now you're also getting into the dipes business, woohoo! Gotta keep an eye on your auctions! :thumbsup: