Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What are your fav. HEALTHY, quick & easy meals? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537)

apelilae 12-06-2006 07:47 PM

What are your fav. HEALTHY, quick & easy meals?

I'm trying to cook and eat healthier, but we don't have much time to cook. Right now, it's so easy to cook unhealthy but quick stuff.

What are some of your favorite healthy, quick, and easy meals?

Crazy4Coffee 12-06-2006 07:51 PM

Re: What are your fav. HEALTHY, quick & easy meals?

Stiry fry is my favorite.

Salmon or fish is also easy and healthy.

steamed veggies.

anything grilled is good too.:thumbsup:

jenmcfar 12-06-2006 10:31 PM

Chicken Fajitas...you can make them even quicker if you buy the peppers already cut into strips from the grocery store, and the chicken already prepared in grilled strips from the frozen food section. Then all you have to do is crush a couple cloves of garlic into some heated olive oil in a frying pan, cut up half an onion (or put it in your food processor for 10 seconds, lol), add that to your garlic/olive oil mixture in a frying pan on the stove on medium high heat. Simmer for a minute or two until the onion and garlic start to caramelize, add the peppers and the chicken strips, sprinkle with cumin and a touch of sea salt, heat through (about 3 minutes), then serve on whole wheat tortilla shells with low fat shredded cheese and low fat sour cream. Bingo, you're done! With ingrediants already on hand, it takes me about 10-15 minutes from opening of first package to serving dinner. :thumbsup: Yummy!

penny13 12-07-2006 08:58 AM

I make what I call dairy...
Boil some eggs, tuna salad and a nice big salad with all kinds of veggies in it, some tortillas, and you have dinner!!! YUM:yay:

worldwarcaitlin 12-07-2006 09:23 AM

Do you have a crock pot? I have an awesome recipe for chicken tortilla soup that is easy to make if you have 15 mins or so in the morning.

LOL I just noticed there is a thread for chicken tortilla soup on here. it is the recipe from allrecipes.com that somebody posted.

bellsmom 12-08-2006 01:11 PM

I love to make black bean soup with brown rice. Cheap and easy. I saute onion, garlic, carrots, and mushrooms. Add a bit of red wine to deglaze. Stir in one or two cans of black beans and one can of tomatoes. Add cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder and cilantro if available. Serve with brown rice and corn muffins. It is great leftover too in between two browned tortillas and some cheese. Yum!!!

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 12-08-2006 01:14 PM

:popcorn:

apelilae 12-09-2006 12:28 PM

I do have a crock pot. I'll try that. Thanks for all the ideas. Keep them coming!

ktlady 12-10-2006 03:44 AM

We love chicken salad. We mix chopped up chicken, apples, peas, onion, spicy mustard w/ a little mayo. Put on pitas or in salad.

FancifulFanny 12-11-2006 07:56 AM

I just got the Moosewood Simple Suppers cookbook and am loving it. I've only made a couple things so far but tonight we're having the curried roasted veggies over rice - simple salad on the side and we're good to go!