Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Favorite Non BPA "no leak" sippy cup? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706085)

4BabyUnit 03-27-2009 09:04 AM

Favorite Non BPA "no leak" sippy cup?

What's your favorite non-BPA sippy cup for your toddler? I'm looking for one for 18 mo. old dd (Klean Kanteen did NOT work for us; it leaked EVERYwhere!)

robertribeye 03-27-2009 09:12 AM

Re: Favorite Non BPA "no leak" sippy cup?

fogo hands down. Even my 10 yr old wants one. She has the fogo thermas though for soups for her lunch. works good. the little ones have the straw fogo sippy. I want more!

NavyMommy 03-27-2009 09:19 AM

I put Born Free first, but when DD was learning how to drink from a sippy we used the really cheap ones (they're BPA free too). I forget the brand but I've seen them at Babies R Us and Wal-Mart. They probably leaked a little more than you would like, but since the water dripped out of the opening she got the hang of it quickly! The only thing I don't like about Born Free is that there are a million pieces to clean, so they're a little bit of a pain in that respect.

MamaWillow 03-27-2009 09:21 AM

:popcorn:

vsolly 03-27-2009 09:23 AM

I have a couple FooGos, but they were gifts and I cannot afford them myself. But the Playtex insulators are BPA free and are cheapa nd available everywhere. Thes are my fav, and why I voted other.

Neither leaks unless the valve is not in correctly.

momof3boys1girl 03-27-2009 09:25 AM

We only use kleen kanteens. My kids have like every color and it is the only thing they actually will drink from(besides cups). Havnt had any problems with leaks and we have been using some of the cups for over two years now. They had a sale at christmas so we stocked back up :)

glitterdaisymom 03-27-2009 09:26 AM

i agree that the million pieces on the born free sippy are a pain in the butt to clean.. and i have a hard time keeping the spout from leaking. but they're still a good "water/juice" cup.

i like the thermos foogo sippy and also straw sippers for milk. i haven't really had a problem with those leaking... however, there are as many parts to the foogo sippy as their are to the born free sippy.

4BabyUnit 03-27-2009 09:27 AM

I just don't understand how some people have no leaks with these?! It makes no sense. Maybe I'll try buying different Avent inserts for them...though they've been leaking since they were brand new. :banghead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mummyof2ooo (Post 6757908)
We only use kleen kanteens. My kids have like every color and it is the only thing they actually will drink from(besides cups). Havnt had any problems with leaks and we have been using some of the cups for over two years now. They had a sale at christmas so we stocked back up :)

momof3boys1girl 03-27-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4BabyUnit (Post 6757930)
I just don't understand how some people have no leaks with these?! It makes no sense. Maybe I'll try buying different Avent inserts for them...though they've been leaking since they were brand new. :banghead:

Are you pushing the avent spouts up tight into the top? I noticed if they are not tight then they leak so I just repush them up and it fixes the problem. My dd takes hers to bed with water and it gets rolled all in the bed and still no leaks:thumbsup:

momof3boys1girl 03-27-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitterdaisymom (Post 6757928)
i agree that the million pieces on the born free sippy are a pain in the butt to clean.. and i have a hard time keeping the spout from leaking. but they're still a good "water/juice" cup.

i like the thermos foogo sippy and also straw sippers for milk. i haven't really had a problem with those leaking... however, there are as many parts to the foogo sippy as their are to the born free sippy.

I have had TONS of problems with the Foogo sippys. I do like the straw cups though no problems with those. I had four foogos and after taking apart to wash the first time they leaked after that.

I also had problems with leaking from safe sippy but the one we had was used so could have been the problem.