Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   OK Freaking out DS ate..... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=707041)

earthmamastyle 03-28-2009 12:59 PM

OK Freaking out DS ate.....
 
Hi lady's Ok my little 8 mo. DS got ahold of one of my nursing pads. Ya know the disposable ones that ( I now know ) Have those crystals in them that soak up liquid. He only had it for a couple min,. but he tore it open and had the cotton all over his mouth. I cleaned him up but when I did I realized the cotton had those crystals in it and they swelled up w/ liquid. I'm sure he must have ingested some. Should I call the doc? Is he gonna be ok?? Has anyone had exp. w/ this??? I feel so dumb! Why in the world did I let him see it? I was right there and could have avoided this. I thought it was just tissue and cloth and didn't realize he could rip it open so fast. I should have ran right over and grabbed it away from him. Please helpo me w/ any info on what it could do to his tummy.... poison??? ahhhhh

Monzie 03-28-2009 01:05 PM

Re: OK Freaking out DS ate.....
 
If you want to play it safe, call your local Poison Control center. (If you're in the US, you can get contact info here.) A few weeks ago, I found my DS sucking on a bottle of artificial tears that I use for my Dry Eye. I called Poison Control and they looked it up and told me he'd be fine. What a relief!

Hopefully, your situation will be a "no biggie" too. Sending you and your LO some good vibes in the meantime....

alanapaige 03-28-2009 01:05 PM

Re: OK Freaking out DS ate.....
 
do you have the box they came in? maybe call and ask if they are harmful if ingested?? if not that then call poison control and ask them...hope you get it figured out! sorry!

earthmamastyle 03-28-2009 01:58 PM

Re: OK Freaking out DS ate.....
 
Ok freaked for nothing as usual! :giggle: PC said they are not poisonous and that she gets lots of calls from people saying their kiddo chewed on a sposie and ate the gels :yuck: Can't believe that one but I guess I've heard weirder stuff! Hopefully they where clean sposies! So he's gonna be fine. If he ingested them anyways! Funny how I posted on DS first. Guess I really trust my DS mama's!! :hugs:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors