Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Texas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Fort Worth area Detergent ?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712068)

Elisha44 04-03-2009 01:13 PM

Fort Worth area Detergent ??

Anyone know where to get detergent in Fort Worth for cloth diapers? I can not find anyone that carries Country Save. I found a store in Bedford that sales Earth Friendly detergent, but haven't heard anything about it. Also, Bedford is quite a drive from me.

I am so lost. I have researched (for over a month now) detergent and thought I was good with Country Save, but no one sales it near me. I'm scared to go with something I have to order because what if I run out and have to wait to get more in...I WOH and have a strict schedule for laundry!!

What about Central Market or something like that? Anyone have ideas? My Wal-mart doesn't have anything that is on any list I have reviewed. I feel so outside my element right now...I thought I was a good shopper!!:banghead:

cowboymommy 04-03-2009 01:17 PM

Re: Fort Worth area Detergent ??

I am in the DFW area and I just use Purex F&C. Works great for us! I have visited alot of the health stores around town though and haven't ever seen Country Save at any of them. The only thing I have ever found is Seventh Generation powder which I don't think is recommended for cloth dipes.

rockstarmommy05 04-03-2009 01:21 PM

We do just the basic Purex (not with bleach, even the color safe bleach) with renuzit odor neutralizer and has worked well for us so far. I also have a friend who uses the same and hasnt had any issues in years.

Again, this is hard to find at walmart/targets, but I found it at Kroger!

Hope that helps!

MLB 04-03-2009 01:44 PM

Oh man, I was hoping that store in Bedford really had Country Save! So it's not REALLY there? Ugh. Back to square one. It was on the way home from DH's work, too so I thought it would work out sooo well! :(

Elisha44 04-06-2009 07:52 AM

I looked at Wal-mart for anything that might be reccomended and the only thing I found was Tide, which I've read can be bad. there is a health store in Arlington that said she was looking into carrying Country Save, so I hope she does quick! I don't have a Kroger that's convenient, but I will go see if I can find Purex there. Any other suggestions? (Thanks to all the PP)

soccermama 04-07-2009 02:04 PM

Try Sprouts in Southlake. A friend of mine told me they carry Country Save and Mountain Green. HTH.

beatlebug 04-17-2009 01:11 PM

I bought Green Mountain at sprouts in southlake a couple of days ago. It's about 10.99 for a 32 oz container that does 32 loads. It's fairly reasonable. They also have Ecos and Meyers there, but NO there is no country save there or anywhere in the metroplex that I have found. I called the store in Bedford and the store in arlington and neither carried it still.

prettyprinted 04-20-2009 03:40 PM

I use Charlie's Soap. You can get it delivered from green baby diaper service for 12.99 for 80 loads.

It's not letting me post links but its www dot greenbabydiaperservice dot com

LilOutlaws 05-07-2009 10:12 PM

If you can't find anything locally LMK - my detergent is 70 loads (140 in HE) for 13.00ppd and I ship within 24/48 hours so if you notice you're running low I can get some out right away! :thumbsup:

Nvrgrwnup 05-13-2009 04:32 PM

I found a 210 oz bottle of Ecos for about $13 at the Westworth Sam's Club
(183 just north of Ridgmar Mall).
It's HE as well.