Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can we talk PJ's that work with cloth? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7242)

SarahJane 05-19-2006 12:41 PM

Can we talk PJ's that work with cloth?

I'm currently using a size larger fleece jammies to keep diaper from wicking at night, but come summer and warmer nights wondering what works? We keep our house cool in the summer since we all have allergies but sometimes it's still pretty warm. I have all these cute Hannah cotton jammies but I'm wondering if that's just too dangerous.

Love your thoughts. We use fleece pockets at night.

SJ

DakotasMommy 05-19-2006 12:43 PM

Re: Can we talk PJ's that work with cloth?

its been warm here, and I just put Kota to bed with his overly stuffed fb on and a tshirt. I have a waterproof pad under his sheet, and so far... I havent had to change the sheet yet.

ChurchPunkMom 05-19-2006 12:45 PM

Dipes and T's. Torrin goes to bed in a WWB and a T, Eliana goes to bed in either a WWB or dipe under wool sometimes with no T since she's in our bed at least half the night.

mommyof2girls 05-19-2006 12:49 PM

at nite we just use bbl/pw's and wool. I used to use pockets, but I want her bum to breath at night!

My DD is a heater at night, so I was never able to use those one piece pj's or bottoms of pj's anyways!...She would wake up SOAKED from sweat!

Choose2bgr8 05-19-2006 12:52 PM

We do fleece AIOs and a tshirt. :thumbsup:

SarahJane 05-19-2006 01:15 PM

Thank you everyone. My guy gets cold at night, but I know that his fleece bumm is warmer than he was in disposables. If he didn't take everything off I'd try those leg warmers. Those who use wool and fitted. What age is your child and what works?

SJ

Choose2bgr8 05-19-2006 01:25 PM

I used to use wool and fitted. Just with warmer weather we switched, but I used just about any fitted (including ones that I made from my own pattern) and recycled wool (which I made, lol!). LMK if you need wool. You can find some on my HC.

Samjm 05-19-2006 01:55 PM

We use a dipe and a t-shirt. DD will not sleep without a blanket / sheet of some sort covering her legs, so I'm not concerned about her legs getting cold.

We're currently using a Little Beetle fitted with a fleece cover (Jamtots is our preferred one).

riandkymommy 05-19-2006 02:19 PM

We use cotton ones with a pocket stuffed with leobaby's insert and have no problems, and Kyla is a HEAVY wetter!! We tried fleece last night and were disappointed, she soaked, but if she would have had wool on, she probably would have been ok. With the wool, we just don't put on the pants, just the shirt, a prefold or fitted and the longies. Works great for us!:thumbsup:

wbkt8 05-19-2006 03:37 PM

i don't know if they'd work with your fleece pockets (if you get compression/wicking issues) but funky giraffe on HC has some really cute pjs...she does pants/shorts w/ long or short sleeved shirts. lots of cute fabrics/prints. some flannel some not.

we use all sorts of stuff though. wool over fitteds sometimes. sometimes her fleece shorts/pants over fitteds or her FBs. sometimes just a t-shirt.