Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I don't think I was cut out for motherhood... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72551)

Ooey 12-12-2006 04:28 AM

I don't think I was cut out for motherhood...

I feel like a bad mom lately...
I really can't stand crying or whining and it's not like she cries very much at all but when she does I am so annoyed and I just want to tell her "be quiet baby you are bugging me!!!" I don't know what it is, I am so irritable lately and it's not just the baby, the dog makes me so angry. The dog will whine or get in my way and I get SO mad I feel like I want to hit her (which I don't believe in doing). Maybe it's this whole AF while breastfeeding thing I seriously feel like I have been PMSing for 2 weeks straigh and I am just exausted all the time and feel sick. I love to hold my baby and alway have her close to me and I know that I have been putting her in the intellitainer thingy too much lately. DH and I have been talking about what it would be like to have another baby lately (just talking about it, not considering it) and 1/2 of me would love another one and 1/2 of me would :banghead: if I got pregnant again. I can't even handle one baby crying for 60 seconds, I would probably go insane if I had two :smiley_haha:. Anyway thanks for letting me vent, I guess I just need to try and relax or something.

GrowingUpMad 12-12-2006 05:12 AM

Re: I don't think I was cut out for motherhood...

:hugs: Hugs mama. I think we have all felt this way from time to time. The holiday season along with PMS/breastfeeding issues certainly don't help any. Your dd is young, you have pleanty of time to determine if you want another baby and if you can handle another babe. Don't feel you are a bad parent because if 1 or 2 weeks of feelings.

onyxxmoon 12-12-2006 05:27 AM

oH MY GOSH MAMA! I feel like you just explained my life lately to the T! I couldn't have said it better myself- i have REALLY been struggling, and feeling like the world's worst mom b/c i am soooo stressed out by DSs crying/whining.... I think that a HUGE part of it for me is my horrible habit of isolating myself when i get stressed out... i tend to not push myself enough to get out of the house-- and so sometimes 3 or 4 days go by, and i realize i haven't even LEFT the house ONCE!!!! And, as soon as i call another mama and force myself to get us out for a playdate, i feel sooooo much better! ANd suddenly, i have more patience and a higher threshhold for DSs tantrums--- but like you said, a lot of DSs crying is really nothing to get stressed about- most of the time it is minimal and totally reasonable (b/c he's teething like crazy) But, thanks so much for sharing mama, b/c i can totally relate!
I have also been having similar feelings about ttc again... sometimes i get these massive urges to have another baby--- but, i get so scared b/c i think i'm so freakin stressed out already, how in the heck can i deal with another one???? But a big part of me wants to have another one someday---- and then, on top of that, we are struggling to get our finances back up to par after being in the hospital for 8 weeks after DS was born..... so, mama- thanks for posting b/c i obviously needed to vent too!!!

bellasophy04 12-12-2006 05:32 AM

:hugs: Please do not be so hard on yourself! It is normal to feel overwhelmed. Society has given women this silly idea that being a mother is like a tv commercial, quiet babies,clean houses while mom has perfect hair and makeup. I have 2 perfect little screamers who drive me off the wall and I still want another..... I think that even if you decide not to have more just the fact that you want more says that YOU ARE cut out for motherhood. Just look at that beautiful girl:goodvibes: ahh just wait till she tells you she loves you..just out of the blue...

urchin_grey 12-12-2006 09:15 AM

I agree with the pp... I've gone through periods like this too. Its normal and it WILL pass. :hugs:

Luv2bemommy 12-12-2006 09:19 AM

DO you think you may have PPD? Just something to think about. :hugs: :hugs: Also, I know alot of women (myself included) have thyroid issues that started right after the birth of a baby, have you had yours checked? I know back after the birth of my 1st child I got to the point where everything annoyed me, I would cry alot and I couldnt stand to hear ds cry, it would be like nails on a chalkboard, i just wanted to scream! Came to find out it had alot to do with my hormones (thyroid) and once that got taken care of, I went back to myself.

:hugs: :hugs: We have all been there!

pinkflamingos77 12-12-2006 09:22 AM

:hugs: I agree that it is normal but if it last a looong time and you seem to get worse. I would go in and talk to someone. I sat there for 6 months feeling like that and it just got worse and worse. After a while It got to the point where I could not handle it anymore. I finally went in and talked to someone and was diagnosed with PPD. They did a bunch of blood work and exams to make sure it was no other underlying condition. Been on meds since end of Oct and I am now starting to notice a difference. My husband and family are noticing it too and it is a good different. Just make sure if you need help. Get it. Do not be afraid to ask for help. All mamas at some point need help from others. There is nothing wrong with that! You do not have to be superwoman and do it all on your own. :hugs:

kht2006 12-12-2006 09:30 AM

I can relate too :hugs:

Mom2Taylor 12-12-2006 09:39 AM

I could have written this...especially about getting out of the house and play dates and stuff. I'm very fortunate that my husband works from 12-9. I recently began working part time, very early mornings---because of DH's schedule, they dont' have to go to day care. I miss my kids while I'm at work but I'm only gone for an hour or two of their waking hours. Being away from them a little and having somethign I can call my very own that is non-kids related has made a HUGE positive impact in my (and my kid's) life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyxxmoon (Post 526967)
oH MY GOSH MAMA! I feel like you just explained my life lately to the T! I couldn't have said it better myself- i have REALLY been struggling, and feeling like the world's worst mom b/c i am soooo stressed out by DSs crying/whining.... I think that a HUGE part of it for me is my horrible habit of isolating myself when i get stressed out... i tend to not push myself enough to get out of the house-- and so sometimes 3 or 4 days go by, and i realize i haven't even LEFT the house ONCE!!!! And, as soon as i call another mama and force myself to get us out for a playdate, i feel sooooo much better! ANd suddenly, i have more patience and a higher threshhold for DSs tantrums--- but like you said, a lot of DSs crying is really nothing to get stressed about- most of the time it is minimal and totally reasonable (b/c he's teething like crazy) But, thanks so much for sharing mama, b/c i can totally relate!
I have also been having similar feelings about ttc again... sometimes i get these massive urges to have another baby--- but, i get so scared b/c i think i'm so freakin stressed out already, how in the heck can i deal with another one???? But a big part of me wants to have another one someday---- and then, on top of that, we are struggling to get our finances back up to par after being in the hospital for 8 weeks after DS was born..... so, mama- thanks for posting b/c i obviously needed to vent too!!!

honeybunmom 12-12-2006 09:53 AM

I've been there. I can't tell you how many times I said I was going to drop kick the cat. She has the loudest meow and doesn't seem to start until I'm trying to put Coco to bed. Some nights I got so irritated with Coco's crying I had to hand her off to dh for her safety and my sanity. Then dh said he might not want any more children. That gave me a wake up call. If she's my only baby, I'd better savor every moment. And she's 13 mos old now and more interactive and I understand her wants and needs a bit better now, too. Don't get me wrong . . . she was cutting 3 molars at once about 3 weeks ago and since then 3 MORE teeth and some of that time was pure hell, but, I still feel totally blessed. But, I've been there mama, you're not alone.

Elisa