Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lemme see your stash! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=726204)

phridae 04-21-2009 08:28 PM

Lemme see your stash!

Thats right, your milk stashes!
I'd post mine, but no one wants to see the 16oz I have stuffed next to the pizzas in the freezer. :giggle:

Some questions to go along with the pictures.
How much do you have saved?
Whats your reason for the stash? (Going back to work, just in case, plan to donate, so one day you can get away to a spa...:roflmbo: )
How long did it take you to get where you are now?
How long/often do you pump?

:goodvibes:

mama0609 04-21-2009 08:31 PM

Re: Lemme see your stash!

Does my stash of donor milk count? If so, I'll post one after my next pick up (1000 oz next week)! Right now I have about 600 or so oz.

phridae 04-21-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama0609 (Post 7021694)
Does my stash of donor milk count? If so, I'll post one after my next pick up (1000 oz next week)! Right now I have about 600 or so oz.

A stash is a stash in my eyes. =)

luvmybaby333 04-21-2009 11:32 PM

:popcorn:

I was so proud of the 6 or so 4-5oz bags I had stashed in my freezer.

When their 6 month expiration approached I hurredly rushed to offer the milk to DD in a sippy and mixed with some cereal.

She wasn't keen on the sippy, but I took extra special care in mixing her up some yummy oatmeal with the some of the milk as well... and thankfully I forced DH to taste it just for fun.

He nearly vomited :yuck: Turns out the milk was rancid... somehow I'd gotten the freezer times mixed up. So it's 3 months in a regular freezer and 6 months in a deep freezer (ours was broken at the time.) :blush: I felt like such a ditz :doh:

I haven't even bother pumping since that point.

I would absolutely LOVE to see some milk stashes :D I feel like I should be pumping... maybe it will get me motivated ;)

Keropisunshine23 04-22-2009 01:20 AM

I posted mine earlier, but I will post here too.
My Going Back to Work Milk Stash!
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...3/IMG_1621.jpg

I pumped because dd was in NICU and I wanted a huge stash before returning to work so I wouldn't be playing the pump to use the next day game this time around. I also pumped to resume giving my ds milk

I had 600 oz at 6 weeks.

I started out pumping every 2-3 hours, now I pump every 3-4. If we are home I pak and nak at the same time.

:mrgreen: I want to keep going and would love to become a donor.

newmommy929 04-22-2009 07:14 AM

I don't have a picutre anymore, but way back when we actually had to get a freezer to put the milk in. The freezer is on the smaller side, but is a little shy of 5 ft tall. Anyways, that whole things was FULL of breastmilk. I've had to donate milk to the milk bank in Denver, CO because I had to much. After my son turned 1 and they retired me as a donor, the sent a paper letting me know how much I had donated. I had donated like almost 2900 oz, which comes out to be around 22.5 gallons of milk. That amount doesn't even include the milk that I sent to daycare, etc. I probably still have a 200-300 oz in the freezer. The amount of milk that I "kept" track of I'm sure has to equal AT least 1000 oz or more.

BM can be in the freezer for up to 1 year in a deep freeze

eragsdale 04-22-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama0609 (Post 7021694)

nevermind; i thought you were donating that milk.
My youngest gets 95% of his breast milk from a donor as well through milk share.:goodvibes:

brennatsi 04-22-2009 09:07 AM

I probably have 50 oz stashed just in case. I am not away much, but if I am at yoga or the store and DD3 gets fussy, there is always an option. I used to pump every day to donate, but now almost never...

rosefall 04-22-2009 09:17 AM

I used to have a great stash, now it's down to about 20 oz. I need to start pumping again...

baby1577 04-22-2009 04:17 PM

I am totally out of frozen donor milk. :cry:

Hopefully I'll get more sometimes soon and I'll have a picture to share. Even though it's not my milk I think it's picture worthy!:mrgreen: