Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   It happened again... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72960)

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 12-13-2006 05:17 AM

It happened again...

And I feel like the worse Mommy of the year again! :cry:

We were in bed last night and I turned the other way like I always do when Gavin bites me or just wants to play, I do that for a few minutes then turn back around to nurse him, well this time we got startled by a cry... (I guess I was pretty tired cause this time I started dozing right away so was half asleep, that is what makes me feel worse is cause we were right there in bed how could we not feel him moving, how TERRIBLE are we??? :cry: ) I don't know if he rolled, crawled (backwards :giggle: ) or scooted, but he managed to get to the foot of the bed, and well honestly it's like 1% funny cause he slid down the blanket, he didn't actually fall... (no "thud" just a lil cry) anyhow I of course panicked and was freaking out crying, he stopped crying the second I picked him up then was laughing and cooing and whatnot, hubby thought it pretty funny, I said well the fact he's not hurt maybe a lil but NOT REALLY! He's like what, he's okay!!! Why can't men understand how this makes us feel! It didn't even shake Gavin up, while my heart was racing and I couldn't stop crying for a while! :cry: Well I just wanted to come and get it off my chest with women who understand how I feel! Also, I'd like any advice or links you have for info on transitioning into a crib, he's way too mobile now, and while this is only the second time (yeah ONLY, like it's not a big deal :rolleyes: ) anyhow, I don't want it to happen again, even though all it does is scares him for a second, what if another time it does hurt him, and even if it doesn't I can't take the heart attacks anymore lol Sooo I think maybe he needs to move to his crib, unless you have any other advice for us to continue co sleeping!

reborin 12-13-2006 06:26 AM

Re: It happened again...

Hey Melanie - if he made it to the bottom of the bed, then he did it intentionally. Be PROUD! He's a scooting little man! I put regular old baby bed rails along my side of the bed, and on at the bottom of the bed, leaving the corner open, so that there was a safe place for my ds, and a place for us to get on and off from the one side lol. The other side is against a wall.

Other options include moving the mattress to the floor, using the crib as a sidecar (just put the one side down all the way and the lock it to the bed). He'll learn quickly now that he's mobile that there are safe and scary places.

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 12-13-2006 06:31 AM

thanks hun :) I thought about the crib thing but we may not have room in here LOL I need some good "ammo" to convince hubby why we should move furniture around instead of put him in the crib :giggle: so gimme all y'all have! hehehehe

Ooey 12-13-2006 06:43 AM

Is the bed next to a wall on one side? Could you possibly buy a really tall footboard for your bed? :giggle: We have a tall headborad and I think when she gets that mobile I will turn it around so the headboard is at the bottom of the bed and the wall is on the side and she is trapped!

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 12-13-2006 06:58 AM

I may just turn it around too lol we have a tall headboard, the furniture is SO heavy or I'd probably put it against a wall now (before hubby can comment) haha see he sleeps between us, always has, but now that he's finally starting to get really mobile, yeah not so good lol

Zan 12-13-2006 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GavinsMommy (Post 530800)
And I feel like the worse Mommy of the year again! :cry:

:hugs: YOU'RE not a bad mommy! It's hard and we're wired to be on alert and compassionate.

I don't have any advice for you about co-sleeping. DD went to her crib at 3 months...no problems. The first night she slept the entire night through. I've had problems sleeping since. AGHH!!! I want to start co-sleeping but DH is afriad of rolling over on her and thinks she won't sleep as well.

4xMommy 12-13-2006 07:18 AM

No real advice, but don't feel bad. When my Kyla was a baby (very small), I fell asleep with her in the bed with me, and when I woke up in the morning, she was GONE! I freaked, panicked, you name it! I finally found her, sound asleep, UNDER my bed!!!

This was 10 years ago, and I'm still traumatized!!! So, see, it can happen to anyone! :goodvibes:

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 12-13-2006 07:26 AM

OMG I think my heart would JUMP out of my chest Maureen!!!! wow

thanks ladies

annes_cottage 12-13-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xMommy (Post 531003)
No real advice, but don't feel bad. When my Kyla was a baby (very small), I fell asleep with her in the bed with me, and when I woke up in the morning, she was GONE! I freaked, panicked, you name it! I finally found her, sound asleep, UNDER my bed!!!

This was 10 years ago, and I'm still traumatized!!! So, see, it can happen to anyone! :goodvibes:

OMG!!!! Hello panick attack!!!!!!!!!!!

See Melanie....it happens to everyone! lol I would turn your bed around and put one side up against the wall!! He was fine no worries!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hayley 12-13-2006 09:30 PM

LMBO! Noah does this on a weekly basis! But he now slides down like he is trying to escape. BUt really Noah fell off te bed so many times I often worried myself over it but hey if this the worst that happens you are LUCKY!