Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Great Plains (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Tulsa/Broken Arrow delayed vac. pediatrician? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731266)

soonerck 04-28-2009 11:08 AM

Tulsa/Broken Arrow delayed vac. pediatrician?

I need help to find a new pediatrician. My oldest son has autism, and I am very hesitant about vaccinating our youngest son. I need a Dr. who will at least be sensitive to this, whether they agree with me or not. Our last pedi. told me that autism was caused by too much tv and stress of the mother during pregnancy :banghead: Anyone have a Dr. they can reccomend???

JessB 04-09-2012 06:04 PM

Re: Tulsa/Broken Arrow delayed vac. pediatrician?

I know this is REALLY old, but when I was searching for a selective vax friendly ped. I searched here, so I figured that now that I found one, I'll post his name here in case anyone else searches. Dr. James Ross in Tulsa is excellent. He is a family physician at st. francis south with a specialty in pediatrics and obstetrics. Neither he nor any of his nurses blinked an eye about my choice for my child's vaccinations. They simply asked, "Are we having any vaccines today?" It is totally up to me whether or not my son gets a vaccine at any given appointment. They have said absolutely nothing about him being behind. He was also completely supportive of my decision for a homebirth with my second child, so I think he'd be open minded about any natural lifestyle choices.

Mags462 04-19-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessB (Post 14923941)
I know this is REALLY old, but when I was searching for a selective vax friendly ped. I searched here, so I figured that now that I found one, I'll post his name here in case anyone else searches. Dr. James Ross in Tulsa is excellent. He is a family physician at st. francis south with a specialty in pediatrics and obstetrics. Neither he nor any of his nurses blinked an eye about my choice for my child's vaccinations. They simply asked, "Are we having any vaccines today?" It is totally up to me whether or not my son gets a vaccine at any given appointment. They have said absolutely nothing about him being behind. He was also completely supportive of my decision for a homebirth with my second child, so I think he'd be open minded about any natural lifestyle choices.

Not in Tulsa currently but could be very soon.... so THANK YOU for sharing this. I was worried about finding a Pedi up there i'd like :thumbsup:

JessB 04-19-2012 09:36 PM

Just a heads up, you may want to call them early about that initial appointment. There's a bit of a wait for new patients, but then, they had just moved their office when I checked, so that could be why. Either way, it was worth it for us after a very bad experience with another drs office. We love Dr. Ross and his staff. They are so nice to our nervous son, who had had stitches the last time he was at a drs. office, and respectful of us. We haven't had any trouble getting subsequent appointments. There was just a long wait to get in as a patient to begin with.

The Peaceful Housewife 04-23-2012 06:27 PM

I have heard great things about Dr. Ross. We use Young Peoples Clinic in Tulsa and LOVE them! They've been very gracious about us not vaxing our kiddos and have never tried to guilt me or argue with me. They're also great at getting kiddos in quickly and are overall very holistic in their approach.

norrahsmommy 05-30-2012 08:02 PM

I'm a bit late to the party, but Dr. Nicoll at Warren Clinic in BA (St. Francis South) is really good about not trying to guilt me into vaxing and letting me choose what I want DD to have. He was at Southcrest until they switched to HC South.

meeshkasheeba 06-15-2012 12:46 PM

Thank you for this post. I was wondering what happened to Studdard and Nicoll