Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Toddler beds?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73537)

SugarBunsWool&More 12-14-2006 01:38 PM

Toddler beds??

When did you have to move DC into one and how did you do it???

I think we're there with Riley and he's 16 months. He keeps trying to climb out of his crib and I don't want him to fall out again and hurt himself.

Advice? Thoughts??

KaleidoscopeEyes 12-14-2006 01:40 PM

Re: Toddler beds??

Climb out of a crib?

SugarBunsWool&More 12-14-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabsBunny (Post 536078)
Climb out of a crib?

Yes, sorry. He keeps climbing out of his crib and a few weeks ago he fell and landed on his head. :cry:

Mommy2JJ 12-14-2006 01:42 PM

Jackson is 17 months and we are TTC #2 so sometime this spring/summer he will be transitioned (we cosleep now) straight to a toddler bed. Jackson could sleep in a toddler bed now he knows how to get off and on a bed b/c he does all the time on our bed. Just depends on your dc, but I don't think 16 months is too young.

beckers1111 12-14-2006 01:42 PM

when mine started to climb out or in, thats when we moved to a toddler bed, but it may be more economical just to get a lower to the floor regular bed. Ive known lots of people who have done that, just skipped toddler beds all together.

Ikea has some GREAT low to the floor twins, and some are even lower than some toddler beds. :thumbsup:

SugarBunsWool&More 12-14-2006 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy2JJ (Post 536088)
Jackson is 17 months and we are TTC #2 so sometime this spring/summer he will be transitioned (we cosleep now) straight to a toddler bed. Jackson could sleep in a toddler bed now he knows how to get off and on a bed b/c he does all the time on our bed. Just depends on your dc, but I don't think 16 months is too young.

Riley can't get down from our bed yet. He's only just started to climb. I guess we just do it on one swoop. I'm putting it together tomorrow and I'll be in his room tomorrow night. It chills my heart to think of DS falling out of the crib again.

SugarBunsWool&More 12-14-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckers1111 (Post 536090)
when mine started to climb out or in, thats when we moved to a toddler bed, but it may be more economical just to get a lower to the floor regular bed. Ive known lots of people who have done that, just skipped toddler beds all together.

Ikea has some GREAT low to the floor twins, and some are even lower than some toddler beds. :thumbsup:

We're lucky to have a hand me down from BIL so we have the bed. I'm just nervous to actually put him in it. I think he's too small, but his actions are showing me that he'll hurt himself in his crib, kwim?? :(

mom2kailinconnor 12-14-2006 01:51 PM

I know plenty of people who have put them in at that age and younger. DD didn't go into one until April when she was already 2. Even then it wasn't b/c she was climbing out, it was b/c we needed the crib for when ds got here in June and I wanted her to be adjusted before he came. I am sure he will do fine, better falling out of a toddler bed than a crib!!

Severine 12-14-2006 01:56 PM

We switched DD to a twin bed at 16.5 months of age. Not because she was escaping...more so because I needed somewhere to crash with her if she woke up at night. :blush: She LOVES her big girl bed! We put rails on both sides and she has a step stool to help her climb on and off of the bed.

I'd say now is a great time to transition, especially if he's playing Houdini! :D

ocfb16 12-14-2006 01:56 PM

When you all made the switch to toddler did you find that you dc got up more? Or slept less? My dd is still in the crib but she wakes up periodically plays in her crib and goes back to sleep. I am afraid to make the switch thinking she will be up and not go back to sleep (she doesnt climb out yet though).