Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Who do I talk to about offensive ads on DS? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740200)

HeatherDanae 05-09-2009 05:28 PM

Who do I talk to about offensive ads on DS?

Where or who do I talk to about offensive ads that DS is having on the website? I don't mind having a bunch of ads on here but when it comes to flashing a woman's almost naked boobs in front of the screen with my children around, that's offensive. I'm referring to the "True" ad that seems to be popping up on every screen that I navigate to. I love this website, but I am not on a trashy website where I'd expect to be seeing this stuff. I don't even understand why it would be on a website where the majority of viewers are not only women, but women with children/families. It would be nice for DS to have more discretion on whom they let advertise on their website.

Sillebille 05-09-2009 05:37 PM

Re: Who do I talk to about offensive ads on DS?

which one do you mean? I don't see any boobs at all??

HeatherDanae 05-09-2009 05:39 PM

The one that has a young woman laying on her side sucking a lollipop. She points at her breasts that are half covered and the IM at the bottom asks "Do you want to talk?" It's supposedly a live feed of her asking if you want to see more and chat.

I see it almost every time I navigate to a page.

Sillebille 05-09-2009 05:43 PM

but where do you see that???

Zabibaby 05-09-2009 05:44 PM

I dont see and dont want to , but that is horrible and offensive.

Jelliebean 05-09-2009 05:45 PM

i haven't seen that either. Hmmm.

HeatherDanae 05-09-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillebille (Post 7213961)
but where do you see that???

It's a banner on the right-hand side of the page. Maybe everyone's ads are different, but it's definitely on my pages.

Sillebille 05-09-2009 05:46 PM

??? I am asking because I see a lot of flashing ads at the homepage (DS sponsors) but I DO NOT SEE any woman like you described. I am just curious.....do you see ads, I can't see?
Or is this ad in a DS member signature?? Or inside on of the many forums??
(that was for zabibaby....I am just curious)

Sillebille 05-09-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherDanae (Post 7213977)
It's a banner on the right-hand side of the page. Maybe everyone's ads are different, but it's definitely on my pages.

I don't have any ads on the right hand side, just middle left from all the sponsors.:dunno:

fanatic4cloth 05-09-2009 05:48 PM

wow i dont see it either but i agree not to have nasty stuff on there. but what about peoples images of nursing babies and or their clevage. No offense but thats the sad truth.