Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Noah has been talking (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74099)

Hayley 12-15-2006 10:33 PM

Noah has been talking

My guy is 17 months old on the 17th.
I bought him a small soccer ball because he is always kicking his stuffed one. Well DH has been telling Noah to kick it since he was 10 months old. Well last night I realised something as he was kicking the ball (Yes he actually kicks it and walks it all the way down the hall, My future Beckham) he was saying kit kit........Noah has been saying that for like 2+ months I felt like he was just saying sounds but he was saying KICK IT! I am sooooo proud. He only says Momma, Dad, Kick it, Gee gee, and no. I was getting worried but now I have no worries about it! I am just really surprised his biggest word was kick it!

Yippee Noah! Oh and DH could not be prouder since was a soccer kids all through elementry to college!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-15-2006 10:40 PM

Re: Noah has been talking

awww, thats awesome!!! Kick it Noah!!:thumbsup:

tararaboomdeea 12-15-2006 11:47 PM

:banana:

Way to go Noah!

jjaelovesenglish 12-15-2006 11:59 PM

Yeah Noah, now come teach Madison to say Mama!!!

Leininger27 12-16-2006 12:03 AM

That is awesome!

My ds said "mama" today for the first time. He is almost 7 months! :lostit: It made me cry it was so cute!!! :mrgreen:

milniks7 12-16-2006 08:38 AM

YAY Noah! Yep..we are a soccer family here, I played from the age of like 9 thru college and so far 4 of my seven play..Lachlan(18 months) will also run and kick a ball and Aedan, 4, has been kicking and playing forever, itching to play on a team like his sibs! Now if only Lach could learn to say kick it! She only has about 4 words, all names...so your Noah is ahead of the game..lol! By the way, my Noah is 9and plays forward and is a scoring demon this year..lol..

Hayley 12-16-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leininger27 (Post 541599)
That is awesome!

My ds said "mama" today for the first time. He is almost 7 months! :lostit: It made me cry it was so cute!!! :mrgreen:

Isn't that the most amazing thing to hear your baby call on you? I love it!

Hayley 12-16-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milniks7 (Post 541980)
YAY Noah! Yep..we are a soccer family here, I played from the age of like 9 thru college and so far 4 of my seven play..Lachlan(18 months) will also run and kick a ball and Aedan, 4, has been kicking and playing forever, itching to play on a team like his sibs! Now if only Lach could learn to say kick it! She only has about 4 words, all names...so your Noah is ahead of the game..lol! By the way, my Noah is 9and plays forward and is a scoring demon this year..lol..

That is awesome! I played soccer too and baseball but he really is leaning more on the soccer side! I can't wait to get him into sports! :hugs:

~stacy~ 12-16-2006 05:10 PM

That's Awesome! I am so jealous! My DS is 19 months and doesn't say 1 word. Not mama, nothing. But he clearly understands everything we say to him. And he's JUST started (yesterday) to kiss me over and over and over. So no complaints here. We went from zero kisses to bazillions in a day. Maybe the words will come the same way.

:loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:

Hayley 12-16-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenMountainMama (Post 542997)
That's Awesome! I am so jealous! My DS is 19 months and doesn't say 1 word. Not mama, nothing. But he clearly understands everything we say to him. And he's JUST started (yesterday) to kiss me over and over and over. So no complaints here. We went from zero kisses to bazillions in a day. Maybe the words will come the same way.

:loveit: :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:

Oh I thought that same thing was happening with Noah, He has great comprehension skills and can point to what he wants, bring stuff to me to help him fix or turn on, just started in with kisses and making the kissing sounds. It will happen over night, I think with Noah he was sooooo spoiled he did not have to talk KWIM?