Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   constant pinching (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74135)

jillkuster 12-15-2006 11:25 PM

constant pinching

Well, the constant biting thread got me thinking I should finally post my nursing issue.
(And by the way, Ezzie bites too lol.)
Everyone of my children has done something super annoying while they nurse-for the entire 3-4 years that I nurse them. For instance, Lucia scratch, scratch, scratched me while she nursed...while she feel asleep etc.
Annoying I can handle, but Ezra is killing me with his pinch, pinch, pinching. I have bruises up and down my inner arms. He does little tiny pinches and then pulls.:yuck: I'm ready to have a break down.
I've tried to reach around and hold his fingers so he can't do it and everything else I can think of but nothings working.
I really can't do this for four years.
Is this normal?
Any ideas on how to kick this to the curb before it's a deep seeded habit?

Calideedle 12-15-2006 11:46 PM

Re: constant pinching

My DS & DD both do this! (not fun while nursing both at the same time!)

I just talk to them and stuff while nursing & it sometimes helps & sometimes doesnt :)

haleysmom 12-15-2006 11:58 PM

Have you tried nursing necklaces to keep them occupied?

jillkuster 12-16-2006 12:26 AM

Oh, that's what those are for?:headscratch:
Are they actually made so that whatever habit the baby is exibiting, they can be distracted? Does this mean that this is normal nursing behavior-I was wondering if my kids are the only ones who do this? Well mine and Calideedle's lol.
Then again, I have two necklaces on at all times. One is a hanging buddah with the chakra's highlighted in stones and the other is actually Ezzie's teething necklace lol. You'd think that would occupy him. Especially the buddah. It hangs, and he hasn't bothered with it while nursing. When he's not nursing he plays with it. Maybe I should go to Goodwill and get some giant, red, clunky old lady beads.:giggle:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-16-2006 01:29 AM

I would also suggest a nursing neckalce, danae and danny both used to pinch me, i didnt have a NN for danny but did have one for danae and it worked great! if there hands are occupied they wont both pinching/scratching you

Tootsiemomma 12-16-2006 08:51 AM

Omg, my daughter does the same exact thing, only she pinches my boob and arm, and she also pokes me...over and over again. I haven't worn my nursing necklace for awhile, I keep forgetting to put it on. But maybe I'll try it and see if she'll stop...those little fingers are strong!

pixiepunk 12-18-2006 01:27 PM

yeah - my DS went through a pinching phase, and the nursing necklace was very helpful in distracting his busy little fingers. sometimes he'd also hold my hand and play with my fingers if the necklace wasn't handy.

he pinched my breast, i think to try and stimulate more milk (sort of started as pushing on it, and progressed to pinching) and i had little bruises all over my poor breasts for about 2 months before i said started using the nursing necklace.

yellowcampcat 12-18-2006 01:34 PM

a little mitten for him, perhaps? Or make sure the area where he's pinching is covered by your clothes if possible. (Not such a good suggestion if you live where it's warm.) My dd kind of pinches, but I just have to make sure her nails are trimmed.:goodvibes:

Kimmomy2dom 12-18-2006 01:41 PM

Nova grabs and piches any part of my boob she can get. Really annoying! I've just gotten used to it - or if I have the extra hand I hold the most pinchy hand, LOL. A nursing necklace is worth a try. You can find some WAHM ones on here for a reasonable amount. :goodvibes:

weddell 12-18-2006 03:14 PM

My dd pinches the nipple she isn't nursing on. I try to keep the other side covered, but she does her best to stick her hand down my shirt, tank top, bra whatever. If I use my hand to keep my shirt closed she screams and whines! It is so annoying and kind of painful. After this thread, I'm starting to think things like this are normal nursing behavior. Maybe I'll try a necklace too...