Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone have a Happy Hangup or Amby Baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74181)

CMamma 12-16-2006 08:38 AM

Anyone have a Happy Hangup or Amby Baby?

Just curious... looking for IRL FB on how they work.

MistyP 12-16-2006 12:44 PM

Re: Anyone have a Happy Hangup or Amby Baby?

We have a amby baby and love it!! DD has reflux and couldn't lay flat in the cosleeper. She was sleeping in the swing or carseat until we got the Amby but it seems so much more comfortable. I bought it from another mamma.

Sarah 12-16-2006 06:00 PM

not to try to hijack,but how long can a baby use one?

CMamma 12-16-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WearingTaci (Post 543206)
not to try to hijack,but how long can a baby use one?

I've read diff things between the two diff ones. I know for the happy hangup kids use them sometimes even past 3 years - at least a girl I "know" does (not IRL know). I can't speak about the Amby one b/c I don't know of anyone that has one & have never seen one.

mom_of_3g_1b 12-16-2006 11:11 PM

I am very interested in this thread. I've looked at these and they seem so cool.

hrtoe 12-16-2006 11:47 PM

I haven't heard of the Happy Hangup before...

No one I know has used either one, but a friend of a friend (:)) has an Amby Baby and loved it. I don't know that that helps you much! But I thought I would share.

I am extremely interested in what others have to say about them.

autumnlily 12-16-2006 11:54 PM

I didn't get my Amby baby until dd was 7 weeks old - and she did well in it for the first few weeks after it was purchased...but then she became a determined belly sleeper (was rolling over at 7 weeks) and became frustrated by 4 months of age. The amby has been put away for the next baby (not even conceived yet).

I liked the peace of mind it gave me - having her on her back and head above her feet, but for us - hopefully, the next baby will make the Amby worth our investment. Purchased mine off of craigslist to avoid shipping costs.

~Stephanie~ 12-27-2006 11:08 AM

We have an Amby. I haven't had a chance to use it yet as baby is due in March. It said the recommended age limit was 12 months. They do have an attachment that you can get with it that turns it into a bouncy seat for older babies.

I am excited to have our baby and try it out.

chiisai 12-27-2006 11:26 AM

We got the Amby in a state of pure desperation. Luckily, it seemed to help. Like a PP, DS had reflux and constantly cried laying flat and also in several inclined positions. The Amby put him at a slight incline - a magic incline for us. I can't recall when we started using it, maybe 4 weeks?

We stopped using it around 8 mos. I had every intention of using it for as long as possible, but he started to flip over and wind up on his side, smooshed with part of his body under the matress. For awhile I didn't mind because it didn't seem to bother him, but after a few days of this he began to wake up crying.

We finally moved him out and into a crib, which was - surprisingly - much easier than I expected it to be.

I am keeping it in the event we have another child, but I will probably only use it if he/she has issues sleeping flat.

dharmama 12-27-2006 12:33 PM

We got a Happy Hangup for ds when he was 3.5mo. We tried to get him to sleep in it a few times but it never worked. He woke up every time I put him in it.

We're keeping it for future babes with whom we'll try it earlier. I think it's a great idea and a beautifully made hammock, so I hope we can get some use out of the HH one day.