Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What's the deal with my leaky boobs!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=742001)

Ariana'sClothesline 05-12-2009 09:55 AM

What's the deal with my leaky boobs!!!

My breasts only had leakage issues the first month or two with my 2nd child, and it was never a big deal... Until we hit around 8 months and for the last several months they've been leaking like crazy, every time we nurse or even sometimes when not nursing and I get a letdown they start to drip. With #1 we only have the leakage for the first 3ish months and then never again. DS is almost a year old and still their leaking!!! It's getting a bit annoying... Is this normal? None of the ppl I've talked to have had this problem, usually its only at the first. Any ideas? Do I just have to put up with it? Probably... I can't think of any options.

EmmyLou0331 05-12-2009 10:10 AM

Re: What's the deal with my leaky boobs!!!

:popcorn:

I'm very interested to hear what people have to say. I was under the impression that my leaking would just be an indefinite thing as long as I was nursing. I didn't know it could stop. :blush:

Ariana'sClothesline 05-12-2009 11:05 AM

I always thought it was a oversupply thing at first, and it seemed that way with #1 and with #2 at the start. I have plenty of milk but not an oversupply. Everyone I know who's breastfed only had leakage during the first bit, and less and less with each subsequent baby.

Missy_wpg 05-12-2009 11:10 AM

My baby is 5 months and they still leak. All my other babies they leaked all through bf'ing ... I just assumed it was normal :headscratch:

mama0609 05-12-2009 03:28 PM

DD is 4 months old and I have low supply and still leak....

rawheid 05-12-2009 04:20 PM

Depends on the day for us. DD is 8 mths. My right side is prone to leaking more this time. I must have a super sensitive duct as I have to be careful when I carry DD on my right side or she'll press a duct and I'll leak. I just assume it's all normal

Becky32982 05-12-2009 06:12 PM

I have always been a heavy leaker. I can leak out of disposable breastpads at night. It got better at 6 months but now at 8months, I am starting to leak more again. I think it is because Dd is nursing less frequently. She can self-soothe better and doesnt need the boob to calm her down. She has also become interested in more solids. I am guessing, things will even out and I will start leaking less in a few weeks (I hope at least). I was talking to a neighbor yesterday with no idea that I had a big wet spot on my shirt.

etsdtm99 05-12-2009 06:43 PM

i leak for ever. i leaked every time dD nursed from the tiem she was born until until i got pregnant with #2 at 17-18 months .. and now i've been leaking for 1 year with #2 .. every.. single... time.. he nurses.. generally not random other times, but it can happen if he is crying or something..

Ariana'sClothesline 05-13-2009 07:49 AM

Wow, I guess it's normal then. Guess I was just lucky up til now....