Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Buffalo sauce?? Looking for an easy recipe or a good brand! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74282)

Taowensf 12-16-2006 01:36 PM

Buffalo sauce?? Looking for an easy recipe or a good brand!

Okay, I can't eat really spicy foods or my stomach kills. But I love "wing sauce"--for example Applebee's "classic" hot sauce. I can't afford to eat out all the time though, and the stuff I've bought in jars so far just isn't the same--either too spicy or wrong flavor, whatever.

So, maybe there's someone who used to or who currently works in a place that has yummy wings and would know how to make some? I used to work somewhere and it seems like they used hot sauce (like tabasco or something) plus some oil, or something to make it sort of creamy. Does that make sense?

Have I completely :lostit: ?

Help! :thumbsup:

shell015 12-16-2006 01:46 PM

Re: Buffalo sauce?? Looking for an easy recipe or a good brand!

:happyclap: :popcorn: Wish I would have thought to post this one.

wordgirl 12-16-2006 04:23 PM

if you have a buffalo wild wings nearby, i love their sauces. same stuff they serve in the restaurant, something like 10+ different "flavors" (from mild to very hot, plus asian, carribean jerk, etc. my current favorites are the medium hot sauce, spicy garlic, and carribean jerk).

i wish i had a recipe!

kannondicarpo 12-16-2006 04:43 PM

Ok this is the best I can offer because I don't know how much of everything but it seems like I always just do it "to taste" so........

If you pick up some regular hot sauce, like Frank's hot sauce or something, then get (oh this is so bad becasue I don't really know what this stuff is called but I am trying to be helpful):headscratch: this stuff its like oil that is butter flavored and looks like melted butter and comes in a BIG jug (available at GFS which is a bulk store that does not require membership) and then some cornstarch.

My husband and I have made this a few times and it always turns out great. Just heat up the sauce and the "oil" together add enough "oil" just for flavoring, like I siad you'll have to di this by taste. Then add enough cornstarch to make the mixture a bit thick so that when you dip your wings you will have some stay on and not run back into the bowl...

Hope that this is somewhat helpful. I'l try to find the name of that stuff.

aept 12-16-2006 06:03 PM

OK, I'm from Buffalo! (Originally, not now...)

Get the Frank's hot sauce. There is a recipe right on it for the original wing sauce. It is just Frank's and butter.

That's the original - just like you can get in Buffalo - I don't know how applebee's compares.

fostermomcchr 12-16-2006 06:18 PM

I love Frank's hot sauce, it is the original from Buffalo-oh and you gotta do the wings in the deep fryer if you want them tasting authentic! I make great wings cuz we don't have anyplace that makes them like they do in Buffalo and I got spoiled living there when I was in high school.

dirtdartwife 12-16-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aept (Post 543214)

Get the Frank's hot sauce. There is a recipe right on it for the original wing sauce. It is just Frank's and butter.

That's the original - just like you can get in Buffalo - I don't know how applebee's compares.

:yeahthat: My family is from Buffalo too and this is how we make it.

Taowensf 12-18-2006 07:28 PM

Thanks everyone! I bought some Franks, so we'll see how it goes!
:thumbsup:

laniesmommy 12-18-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aept (Post 543214)

Agreed. I'm from upstate NY and this is the way we always made them. Let us know how they turn out!

benjason 12-22-2006 12:53 PM

This was posted on another thread -- I thought all the buffalo sauce lovers might enjoy it:

Buffalo Wing Dip is absolutely addictive!

2 8oz blocks cream cheese, softened
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 cup franks hot sauce
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup sharp chedder cheese

Mix the cream cheese, ranch and hot sauce in a bowl, until thoroughly mixed, add the chicken and mix again. Pour into 9X13 pan, spread smooth, top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 min or until cheese melts. I prefer to stir it before stirring, but you don't have to. Serve with tostito or frito scoops.