Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Toddler plopped right on pregnant belly-- could there be a problem? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744454)

Leeldoo 05-15-2009 06:46 AM

Toddler plopped right on pregnant belly-- could there be a problem?

I am about 19 weeks along and last night my toddler plopped right on my right lower abdomen (not the whole belly), and it hurt. No bleeding, no loss of fluid, but I am a little concerned that the baby was "squished."

In the past I have felt the baby move, but nothing consistent or predictable. I haven't really felt the baby move since my toddler plopped on me, so I am a little worried-- next scheduled OB appointment is in a couple weeks.

Has anyone else had something like this happen? Was there any problems?

nrsenadenos 05-15-2009 06:53 AM

Re: Toddler plopped right on pregnant belly-- could there be a problem?

I'd imagine that baby is just fine. They are pretty cushioned in there. I've been sat on, hit, fallen down, jumped on by large dogs, etc. and baby has been just fine. But if it will give you piece of mind, call your OB/midwife and ask to come in just to check it out. No sense stressing about it when something as simple as getting a heartbeat will make you feel better. :thumbsup:

cakeums 05-15-2009 09:07 AM

The baby is probably fine because there's so much room in there, but I would probably call just for peace of mind and see if they can do a quick doppler check.

young-green-mommaof2 05-15-2009 09:40 AM

omg my 20 month old kicks me in the stomach when i pick her up sometimes and i am due june 28th. i get worried too but as long as i feel the baby i am fine. shes well protected in there!

shlee111 05-15-2009 12:10 PM

Like others said, I'm sure your fine. My DD plops on me too, but especially early in your pregnancy you have lots of cushioning!

Leeldoo 05-15-2009 12:10 PM

I am pretty sure I have felt the baby move a couple times since this morning (lots of orange juice and then laying still :) ).. thanks for the reassurance ladies!

z1ggy23 05-16-2009 06:40 AM

My 21mo does this almost daily... I can still feel the baby moving, no bleeding, so I don't worry too much....

momma2Mimi07 05-16-2009 07:13 PM

My 21mo sits on me all the time... We try to remind her that there is a baby in mommy's belly and we need to be gentle, but ummm well she is a toddler and doesn't always remember, I am only 7 weeks but so far hasn't caused any issues! I hope all goes well!

LilHippyMamma 05-16-2009 08:45 PM

I'm sure as long as you are showing no signs of concern it's fine! I usually have all 3 of mine on top of mine .. both the boys would be all over me with the last one lol

MelDM 05-17-2009 12:37 AM

I'm sure the baby is fine! When I was 18.5 weeks I was in a car accident and had the seatbelt jab into my abdomen. (I was going 60mph, so it was a lot of force!) Left major bruising. Baby was just fine.

Even near the end the water helps protect them. DD1 was 21 months when DD2 was born. She was forever climbing on me, jumping on me etc, and DD2 was always fine.