Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pizza dough -- What's your favorite from-scratch recipe? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74642)

stacim 12-17-2006 09:57 PM

Pizza dough -- What's your favorite from-scratch recipe?

Haven't found one I love yet . . . so thought I'd ask here. :mrgreen:

I'd love some regular, thick and thin versions.

TIA!

MojoMama 12-18-2006 12:52 AM

Re: Pizza dough -- What's your favorite from-scratch recipe?

Equal parts peanut butter and powdered sugar. My 1.5 year old LOVED it, and then had fun eating it too :D

HAH! I thought it said play dough!!! I need to go to bed!

dirtdartwife 12-18-2006 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoMama (Post 546155)
Equal parts peanut butter and powdered sugar. My 1.5 year old LOVED it, and then had fun eating it too :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I cheat... I use the stuff from pillsbury... but I need to figure out how to make it from scratch (geez, it's not THAT hard) because the premade stuff just isn't enough for my family of five, kwim?

:popcorn:

stacim 12-18-2006 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoMama (Post 546155)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I sure was confused when I first read that! :giggle: I may just have to try that. I'm sure my kids would love it and since they are already bouncing off the walls, what's a little more sugar.

MojoMama 12-18-2006 10:49 PM

SORRY to confuse :D!

About the pizza dough, we have a local chain down here in TX, Double Daves, and we can go there and buy the dough from them. Maybe you have a local pizza place you can buy the dough from?

stacim 12-19-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoMama (Post 549233)
SORRY to confuse :D!

About the pizza dough, we have a local chain down here in TX, Double Daves, and we can go there and buy the dough from them. Maybe you have a local pizza place you can buy the dough from?

Hey, no problem! :goodvibes:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am looking for something to make at home. I have been teaching myself to bake bread at home from scratch, including pizza. I'm loving it so far!

mmskids 12-19-2006 10:58 AM

I don't have access to my absolute favorite one though it's in the bread machine for dummies book. I'll post it maybe tomorrow if I bring the book to work. However my second favorite is Wolfegang Pucks. It's really good and unlike some of them, doesn't take much rising time. If I know ahead of time, I usually make up Alton Brown's one from foodtv.

Pizza dough

If you don't mind making it up one day and eating the next, Alton Brown's is pretty good.

Foodtv

yellowcampcat 12-19-2006 11:01 AM

I cheat and use a bread machine, but it is just 1 cup water, 3 cups flour, 2 T oil, 1t salt and 2t yeast. Not sure if you'd have to change this to make it without the machine, or not.

stacim 12-19-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmskids (Post 550271)
I don't have access to my absolute favorite one though it's in the bread machine for dummies book. I'll post it maybe tomorrow if I bring the book to work. However my second favorite is Wolfegang Pucks. It's really good and unlike some of them, doesn't take much rising time. If I know ahead of time, I usually make up Alton Brown's one from foodtv.

Pizza dough

If you don't mind making it up one day and eating the next, Alton Brown's is pretty good.

Foodtv

Thanks! Those both look good. I like that you can refrigerate the AB one for up to six days. I am trying to plan ahead with my meals as much as possible, but that doesn't always happen, so the quick-rise options are good to have, too. Can't wait to make pizza later this week! :thumbsup: I'll check back to see if you get a chance to post your fave.

Thanks!

stacim 12-19-2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowcampcat (Post 550287)
I cheat and use a bread machine, but it is just 1 cup water, 3 cups flour, 2 T oil, 1t salt and 2t yeast. Not sure if you'd have to change this to make it without the machine, or not.

I don't think that's cheating -- still from scratch. :thumbsup: I have a friend who loves to use her machine for kneading and then bakes everything in the oven.