Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone else got the fever bad? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7496)

imommy 05-20-2006 03:32 PM

Anyone else got the fever bad?

My baby fever has kicked up a notch since DS turned 1 a month ago. I cannot seem to stop thinking about a tiny little baby again. I have been told to wait because of lots of complications with my son but it doesn't stop the urge :banghead: .

Anyone else in the same boat? Wanting but having to wait (not necessarily wanting to wait)?

Bare Bottom Gear 05-20-2006 03:50 PM

Re: Anyone else got the fever bad?

I feel ya mama! DH is no where near wanting a 3rd and I am....though lately I have been too busy to want another.....LOL.

Pm'd ya too.

FunnyMonkey 05-20-2006 04:16 PM

Me... I lost a baby to ectopic pregnancy this spring and medically I need to give my body time to heal. At this point it looks like it will be at least August before we can ttc & that will only happen if my tests come back ok in July. I really wanted to get pregnant right away when I thought I lost the baby to a miscarriage, but as events unfolded & it turned out to be ectopic, it took a very long time to get thru everything (I thought I miscarried march 8 & it was only this last wednesday I was finally done with weekly followup blood tests & given the ok to start folic acid/prenatals again).

In the meantime everyone around me is pregnant, which for the most part is actually a healing thing for me in a way. Some days are hard b/c it does make me think about the loss, but that just forces me to deal with it rather than be in denial about it. Most of the time it just makes me happy to think of these babies coming into the world, grateful everything is going RIGHT for them & makes me hopeful it will all work out for me too (some of the mom's had previous losses, needed interventions to get pregnant or are my age in their mid-late 30s).

Anyway, I'm right there with you, crossing off the days.

Carrie 05-20-2006 04:45 PM

:hugs: mamas! I had the fever a few months ago and then it left as quickly as it came. :headscratch:

OneFabMama 05-20-2006 06:44 PM

Nope! No fever here thank goodness.

rds989 05-20-2006 07:12 PM

Yup! It's killing me. But I really think it'd be best if we wait another year. So I hang out here and live vicariously!

imommy 05-20-2006 07:18 PM

:giggle: me too!

mom_of_3g_1b 05-20-2006 09:42 PM

I do. It's bad. Dh says he wants to wait until the girls are older and then maybe, but then when we get down to business he doesn't take precautions. He says he wants to too but is scared. I think that 4 under two would be scary and 5 four and under would be too..lol. But it doesn't stop the burn.

hollyhobby30 05-20-2006 10:26 PM

I gots da feva!!!!

We are waiting till the Fall to TTC. I'm planning on a June 07 baby.

I can't stand waiting and all this baby talk and twins is making me crazy!!!!

2sweetboys 05-20-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollyhobby30
We are waiting till the Fall to TTC. I'm planning on a June 07 baby.

June! You're a brave woman! ha ha... I had a July baby last year and I was soooo miserable with the heat that I decided NO more summer babies for this mama! I think we are going to try for a Spring 08 baby! Hopefully a girl! That way I won't have to worry too much about being in labor with a foot of snow on the ground. (I have to drive an hour) But the baby will get here with lots of nice weather ahead!

Right now though, I battle the fever everyday! But with buying a house, DH starting school, two boys under 3, a new puppy, I've got a lot on my plate! We've had serious talks about it and we decided that spring of 08 is our best option.