Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I've gotta know... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74989)

kannondicarpo 12-18-2006 09:24 PM

I've gotta know...

I know that there are a lot of mommas on here that are FOR co-sleeping... but are there any who aren't? If so, why?

FitMommyOf2 12-18-2006 09:28 PM

Re: I've gotta know...

I'm not against it; my motto is 'whatever floats your boat', kwim? For us I just found everyone sleeps better, deeper, undisturbed in everyone's own bed. We do have however family nap times from time to time :goodvibes: (Not the lil one yet as he still thinks it's 'party time' every time I try to take a nap w/him in our bed..)

fostermomcchr 12-18-2006 09:28 PM

I LOVE co-sleeping, but the social workers really hate it when I co-sleep w/the fosterbabies. I understand their reasons, when the baby transitions to their forever family, the family may not co-sleep so the baby will have a harder transition. I actually follow the baby's lead, I use a co-sleeper if the baby will sleep alone, otherwise, the baby is sleeping in my bed w/me. When the court date gets close, I start teaching them to sleep in their crib, that way, if the family wants to co-sleep then the baby is fine, and if the family wants baby to sleep in a crib, the transition is a bit easier for baby. I prefer co-sleeping myself!

hfitz5051 12-18-2006 09:29 PM

I don't WANT to, if that counts. I just want my bed back lol. Now I'm stressing over getting Hazel out of my bed before the baby comes, because she'll end up in there. Not to mention how tough it makes 'alone time'. Oh, and she likes to kick me in the stomach and snores just as loud as her daddy.

MojoMama 12-18-2006 09:42 PM

Well, Im not against it, but we wont do it. The first week we tried to do it, I was a nervous wreck! DH rolled on her a few times, needless to say we didnt do it ever again.

Calideedle 12-18-2006 09:45 PM

I am all for it :kisses:

MyLil'Mountaineers 12-18-2006 09:47 PM

Certainly not against it. I have done it with my oldest son......but I try to get them to sleep in their own beds first. I co-sleep when they are sick (which for my oldest is alot). I am a really heavy sleeper and my DH is a bed hog so it really makes me nervous to co-sleep. Needless to say we do not co-sleep with newborns.

adrocksmommy 12-18-2006 09:49 PM

We are co-sleepers. I love it except for I haven't slept by dh in 2 yrs:cry:

Samantha 12-18-2006 09:55 PM

We do it...but I would prefer my bed to myself, I dont sleep well with other people right up against me, I get to hot! Our bed also gets a little crowded with 5 of us.

Part of it is my fault, I am to lazy to get out of bed in the middle of the night to feed the baby. So once he wakes up for the first time after I go to sleep, hes in our bed.

My DD has just started doing it. She wakes up EARLY (4-5am) and comes to our bed and plays with the cat for a little while before falling asleep again. I think she has dreams that wake her up and she is scared.

DS #1 He has slept with us just as much as hes slept in his own bed. Although the last week or two hes been stayin gin his bed all night. Its been strange. Maybe hes at the age where he is getting ready to outgrow it? Who knows.

kht2006 12-18-2006 10:00 PM

We co-sleep because it is what works for us right now...nothing else really did. We have lots of friends who find that co-sleeping didn't work for them. every family is different every baby is different.... I hope you figure out what works best for you.
Karen