Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I feel like a traitor!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7551)

EasterBun 05-20-2006 08:06 PM

I feel like a traitor!!

I'm a fitted and wool lover, I am, I swear it!! I'm promise I'm not trying to stray! I hope...

But I ordered 3 BumGemius! colors from Nicki's Diapers late on Wednesday and got them TODAY - super fast (FREE!) shipping, and OMG!! I am so not normally a pocket OR aplix lover, but I'm totally loving these! More than I want to admit, actually! :blush:

The thought immediately occurred to me, after I put the first one on, that I definately need more.. maybe even a whole stash of them, but them I immediately sensed a great deal of guilt in my head... and had to remind myself.. I LIKE WOOL!!! I can't like pockets this much :cry:

Oh dear.. I've opened up pandora's box :eek:

I suppose I could go back to having *two* stashes... one for the days I feel like pockets/AIO's (we've got a decent collection of AIO's now, and I have some more VB AIO's on the way too) and one for when I'm totally feeling the wool love.. when DD was little we had an entire stash of pockets just for DH to use before he got the "fitteds need a cover" concept down.. hmmmm!!

AttachedMama 05-20-2006 08:28 PM

Re: I feel like a traitor!!

See, that's exactly why I'm afraid of trying wool. I'm so easily addicted to what I love and that could kill us in the $$ dept. I want to try a BumGenius too but we're too broke!

wbkt8 05-20-2006 08:31 PM

lol Sarah - I don't know....I liked aplix just fine until I went to wash it and it seemed to always grab something no matter how good the tabs are....

it is funny how attached we get to certain systems and how some mamas are "pocket mamas" and others are fitteds or wool or prefolds.

:goodvibes:

EasterBun 05-20-2006 08:37 PM

OOohh.. that's a good point, I do generally dislike aplix in the wash, so I guess it depends on how well it does. I have no problems with my VB AIO's though, at least when I actually remember to use the laundry tabs :blush:

SandyG 05-20-2006 08:47 PM

no pics you traitor LOL??
wanna see wanna see??!!
i liek the idea of having 2 stashes . :lostit:

marymom 05-20-2006 08:50 PM

i have pockets, fitteds, and wool in my stash. i honestly love both!!:thumbsup:

Samantha 05-20-2006 08:56 PM

My stash contains every system....because I go through moods...even day to day...BUT I have made nearly all my stash so I dont have a TON of $$ into it! Just a lot of time :giggle:

hollyhobby30 05-20-2006 09:53 PM

I'd love to see an action shot of a BG. Glad you're loving them.

masonite 05-20-2006 10:08 PM

I ordered a bG color to try as well (from nickisdiapers.com too!).

I have to agree with you on this one---we love it!! :) I only have one right now, but I'm really thinking it'd be nice to have more. My stash is becoming pretty mixed, but I think I like it like that!

EasterBun 05-20-2006 11:08 PM

Well DD is asleep, and has been for hours now, but I'll get some pics tomorrow - the fit is REALLY nice - I was honestly worried about how wide the diaper and insert looked, but by some weird magic trick, it fits perfect :headscratch: I would have never expected that. I do think that with small enough inserts, these truly would fit nicely on newborns... they compact down so nicely on the shortest rise, unlike PUL which can be bulky.