Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Any bakers 'round these parts?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75932)

moonphishers 12-21-2006 08:17 PM

Any bakers 'round these parts??

I just tried a new blueberry muffin recipe (sp?) (from scratch) and its pretty good but I want them to be a bit moister ( is that even a word? )

Any thoughts???

TIA ;)

WestCoastBuckeye 12-21-2006 08:38 PM

Re: Any bakers 'round these parts??

What is in he recipe? You could try applesauce in place of the oil or underbke them just a little bit.

bsydprmkn 12-21-2006 08:39 PM

yup applesauce instead of oil if it calls for any. and its healthier too :)

post the recipe!

moonphishers 12-22-2006 12:42 AM

I have heard of and usually do the applesauce replacement - but this calls for butter (im assuming thats rather than oil???)

ingredients are as follows:

flour
sugar
baking powder
salt
eggs
milk
butter

thats it... I always tweak the flavor with different things and thats working out fine but they're just not how I like 'em -
I hacent tried the undercooking...

soygurl 12-22-2006 02:55 AM

Replace some (but not all!) of the butter with oil. Oil adds the illusion of moistness. Be careful not to overbake (I wouldn't underbake but I would check the temp of your oven).

WestCoastBuckeye 12-22-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonphishers (Post 558825)
I have heard of and usually do the applesauce replacement - but this calls for butter (im assuming thats rather than oil???)

ingredients are as follows:

flour
sugar
baking powder
salt
eggs
milk
butter

Try adding choco chips? ve to admi I love the box ones-and they come out very moist and fudgy :hide:

evin 12-22-2006 10:11 PM

You might try brown sugar instead of white. it's more hygroscopic. You'll have to play with the amt, though.

firethorn 01-02-2007 12:30 AM

Decrease your flower by a bit. Butter is suppose to make moister bread. The flower content may be too high. Start with 3Tbs at first. Go from there. If using fruit be sure to use some of their juices. Jam or preserves are an option also. That may help without reducing flower. Whole grains will always be dryer.
HTH.:goodvibes:

moonphishers 01-02-2007 12:59 AM

thanks! I was gonna try again tomorrow with WW flour so Ill be sure to do a little of all of the suggestions! we'll see!!! :goodvibes:

Julesmom23girls 01-02-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonphishers (Post 583248)
thanks! I was gonna try again tomorrow with WW flour so Ill be sure to do a little of all of the suggestions! we'll see!!! :goodvibes:

The WW flour will make them drier too, so just keep that in mind. And you can use applesauce to replace any kind of fat, including butter. if you don't want to replace all of the butter just replace half of it. I sometimes just add extra applesauce too.