Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Serious Q about circumsizion.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77048)

Luv2bemommy 12-26-2006 11:01 PM

Serious Q about circumsizion..

We just found out this baby is a boy! :) While we are thrilled to be having another boy, I am worried about getting him circ'ed. First of all my dh and my other son is circ. He was my first baby, I had him at 18 and I never did any research on it. He was done basically because I thought it was the norm and dh was so there you go. Since becoming a doula and getting more and more involved with the natural parenting and all I have read some stuff about circ and not circ and was curious what everyone's opinions are on it.. Please don't make this a debate. :( I watched the circ video's I found over on MDC and cried through them, I don't know how I could put another child through that. Dh couldnt even watch it all so he is leaving this decision up to me. I had thought about just leaving it and letting my son decide when he gets older but I know it's harder to circ then. I have some questions that I guess are silly to some but for me, they are serious ones. I have never seen a uncirc penis in real life. So, what I'm wondering is, do they look the same as circ penis's when erect? (I know this is TMI but I'm curious also) Does having sex with a circ man the same as a uncirc one? I'm asking this because I want to save my son the heartache of this later. Also, I have heard some people say they smell differently and alot of people dont like dealing with that, is this true? Also, if you know any uncirc men, do they regret not being circ and wish they were? If anyone wants to PM me instead of answering in the open, please do. Also, anything else you want to add to this PLEASE do so.. This is a really hard decision for me to make and I want EVERY answer I can get before he is born.

mom2kdmb 12-26-2006 11:15 PM

Re: Serious Q about circumsizion..

Here's a video I found showing circumcision. It's quite graphic

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...57516627632617

ShannaMarie 12-26-2006 11:18 PM

Sent you a PM regarding "routine circ videos" like the one above.

Hayley 12-26-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2madolyn (Post 566607)

She said she already saw one at MDC.

Candice,

I think the questions you asked are great. I will be watching this thread to for info (even though I am still unsure what we are having!)

Good questions!

worldsaver 12-26-2006 11:21 PM

when I was deciding, I googled medical pictures uncircumcised penis to avoid the **** :giggle: I can't really tell the difference except it has a little hood on it. I'd never seen an intact penis before DS!

We decided not to just because there was no reason in our opinion. There are no medical benefits, and it's not part of our religion.

Another plus, is there's no pulling it back or messing with it. From what I understand, you have to retract a circ'd penis back at every diaper change to prevent it from growing back? I just lift up his penis and use soap and water around it and around his balls, during his baths no biggie.

anyway, try reading the PRO circumsizing sites and see if you see anything that might sway you to help with your decision. I read them all and knew I made my decision not to circ when nothing, not a single thing even made me think of cutting part of his penis off. :goodvibes:

Hayley 12-26-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elissa (Post 566613)
when I was deciding, I googled medical pictures uncircumcised penis to avoid the **** :giggle: I can't really tell the difference except it has a little hood on it. I'd never seen an intact penis before DS!

We decided not to just because there was no reason in our opinion. There are no medical benefits, and it's not part of our religion.

Another plus, is there's no pulling it back or messing with it. From what I understand, you have to retract a circ'd penis back at every diaper change to prevent it from growing back? I just lift up his penis and use soap and water around it and around his balls, no biggie.

anyway, try reading the PRO circumsizing sites and see if you see anything that might sway you to help with your decision. I read them all and knew I made my decision not to circ when nothing, not a single thing even made me think of cutting part of his penis off. :goodvibes:

That part is only for the first weeks of life after the penis has been circumsized.

Otherwise there is no messing with it after that :)

jaynasmama 12-26-2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2madolyn (Post 566607)

I just watched that and I am hoping we never have a son. I didn't realise that is how they circumcise boys.

L J 12-26-2006 11:39 PM

Well, I will answer some of your questions from my own personal experience. For the record, my husband IS circ'd, but our son will NOT be. We both agreed on that after months of reading and discussing all sides. I don't have the energy or the presence of mind to debate my position or provide medical facts. But, you can find all of those just by googling. There is a thread at MDC with links for both sides of the argument.

My first was intact. I was with him sexually for about 2 years, and honestly, I don't have a whole lot of experience in this area, but the sex with him was better than it has ever been with anyone else. I don't think it had a damn thing to do with the extra skin, but with the way we fit together, the way I felt about him, the way he treated me... It was a wonderful relationship.
So, I don't think you can blanketly say that sex is better with ______ [intact, circ'd] men. It depends on the man, the relationship, the woman, the geomentry of the two individual bodies fitting together... :blush:

You mention "hearing" that intact men have a different smell down there. I never noticed a thing, and he never had any type of infection at all, and was always clean. He showered daily, and washed thoroughly, but didn't have to do anything special. I know that he never gave a thought to what it might be like to be circ'd. He was completely happy the way he was.

As far as the way an intact penis looks vs. a circ'd penis... they are different, sure, but I, for one, don't "prefer" the look of one over another. Although it was very strange the first time I saw a circ'd penis after being with my ex for so many years. ;) (i.e. Its whatever you get used to. As long as you aren't hoping your son has a future in ****, then it probably won't ever come up.)

I don't believe guys compare penis' in the locker room... I have asked several that I know, and they all say that if one guy is staring at another guy's penis in a changing room, then he gets flak about it, so I am certainly not worried about other guys in school picking on my child about something like that. :laugh:

blessed with boys 12-26-2006 11:40 PM

We decided after a finding out about that video, (and watching it of course) that this baby wouldnt be circed even though his 3 brothers are....I cant believe I circ'ed them. If only I had watched that video sooner.....its such a barbaric (sp?) procedure.

We found out were having a girl this time, but still if this had been another little boy we wouldnt have circed him.

Jackie

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 12-26-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy (Post 566583)
Does having sex with a circ man the same as a uncirc one?
The sex is different, but i think it's because all men are just different, i know circ men are "smaller' because they don'yt have the extra skin to fill up when erect but not all woman care about it and as long as he has rythym(sp?) he will still be great in bed~also the penis' circ or not do look the same when the man is excited:thumbsup:

Also, I have heard some people say they smell differently and alot of people dont like dealing with that, is this true? I don't have a whole lot of experience in this but i think if they smell different it's not the forskin its the hygeine of the man

Also, if you know any uncirc men, do they regret not being circ and wish they were?I don't know many circ men, around where i'm at most are not circ, the rate of circ men is pretty low and dropping.I also never hear about they wish they were circ, i think having their forskin doesn't really make a difference to them, like you get used to your body and it's the norm for you, had they grown up un-circ and then in adulthood got circ y=then they can say oh yeah this is better ya know..?? I have really open friends along with dh's buddies who are a little TOO open with me at times but no, they never say i wish i were circ~he does have one buddy was was about 13 when he had to be circ for medical reasons and he does say he prefers sex circ, but then he was also not sexually experienced at 13 so who knows, it's really a toss up.
my son and dh aren't cut and neither will any of my future boys

I also watched the videos not long ago, it's so scary what those poor babies endure, i could never do that to any of my kids but i do not bash any mamas who do choose to do so, we have no right in making anyone else feel bad for what they believe is right for their familes:thumbsup: