Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Editing too often? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775623)

*Hadassah* 06-24-2009 10:56 PM

Editing too often?

I went back to add something to a post I just wrote and got a message saying the administrator has specified that I can only edit messages within 5 minutes of posting it or something and I was out of that time and couldn't change what I'd written.

I've never gotten it before... have I done something wrong? Am I being punished for too many times of going back to fix my posts? :blush:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 06-24-2009 11:13 PM

Re: Editing too often?

NOthing you did mama, it is a new thing we have added recently.:thumbsup:

MommytoJandS 06-25-2009 12:05 AM

How do we edit our FSOT posts to sold then? Is there an announcement on this somewhere?

msmamabear 06-25-2009 12:16 AM

I think we are able to edit fsot, but not in the wahm tester section, or co-ops... Plus its really annoying not to be able to update threads like in the due date groups with an update from the dr or whatever. :(

birdseye 06-25-2009 12:30 AM

I don't have my edit button on any of my posts, except for in wahm wares (I don't have any fsot threads right now). I have to say that I don't think I like this. I was planning on listing some testers at the end of the week, and now I can't update in the original post. This would be helpful.

I hope admin rethinks this.

reachtothestars 06-25-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdseye (Post 7663026)
I don't have my edit button on any of my posts, except for in wahm wares (I don't have any fsot threads right now). I have to say that I don't think I like this. I was planning on listing some testers at the end of the week, and now I can't update in the original post. This would be helpful.

I hope admin rethinks this.

I agree, I went to update my tester info with no information, and now I have to add an entire new post to convey info which just gets cluttered. :(

sahm108 06-25-2009 06:17 AM

Hmm...would it be possible to make it so that the original post of a thread can be edited anytime? That seems to be the post that will cause the most problems if unable to be updated.

caedmyn 06-25-2009 06:41 AM

I'm not happy with this change either...now I can't add new information to my tester thread, or use it to keep track of order updates. This will force me to start a new thread every time I want to test a new size, color, etc because I can't change the title or OP to reflect that.

ChunkiBunz Diaperz 06-25-2009 06:46 AM

hmm just found this:( I just went to edit my wahm tester for full... on my last spot and I cant--

is there another way to edit that? not everyone is going to look through all the messages for a update i dont think...

BootyGold 06-25-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmamabear (Post 7663006)
I think we are able to edit fsot, but not in the wahm tester section, or co-ops... Plus its really annoying not to be able to update threads like in the due date groups with an update from the dr or whatever. :(

:agreed:

Can we allow the edit for the TTC and Pregnancy forum too?