Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nursing pads, which ones to use (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779912)

nicolewilbanks 06-30-2009 09:05 PM

Nursing pads, which ones to use

Has anyone used the Lilypads brand nursing cups? They are the ones that are silicone (I think) and they're reusable for a period of time. I'd really like to know the experiences others have had w/ them and if they're worth the money. If not, which ones should i get?

MamaNotes 06-30-2009 10:11 PM

Re: Nursing pads, which ones to use

My favorite are the laniosh ones- in the purple box.

Calideedle 06-30-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaNotes (Post 7714450)
My favorite are the laniosh ones- in the purple box.

:yeahthat:

I have used these for 5 yrs! :giggle2: They are my favorite. Thin, cannot see through t-shirts & very absorbent!

gentle.mama 06-30-2009 10:57 PM

LLL Leader here....I do not recommend lilypads, they are synthetic and trap moisture. Washable cloth nursing pads made from organic cotton or wool is my top recommendation!

nicolewilbanks 07-01-2009 07:16 AM

Great! Thanks mamas, I'm going to try both the Lansinoh and the organic ones.

jademara 07-01-2009 10:31 AM

I really like the Gerber ones. They're super, super thin! I don't wear them very often, because I'm not very leaky, but I do love them!

remrath 07-01-2009 01:45 PM

I use washable BV and on occasion the lashinoh. Definately want something that breathes most of the time though. I've used folded washcloths at night during engorgemetn.

precious_caden 07-02-2009 11:24 PM

I cannot use Lansinoh- they aren't breathable and honestly I found them rough. I get thrush even if I change at the slightest bit of wetness. I also hated that they were individually wrapped. I kept finding plastic pieces in the strangest places :giggle:

The Gerber Ultra Thins are breathable- but I leak too much so they just create a mess. They aren't very discreet under clothing either.

So the winner for me- Johnsons with the nipple indent. Now I didn't know this until I read the box- but it does say they are breathable. They are much, much softer than Lansinoh. I never leak out of them, and I can wear a thin shirt and you can't see I'm wearing them. So they have my vote :thumbsup:

Paulinemck 07-03-2009 09:41 PM

I like the Lansinoh ones if I want a disposable but 95% of the time I use cloth ones, have hemp and cotton flannel and plan to get some bv ones for this babe as I love the wicking feel of my bv mama cloth.
I always thought the Lilypads looked cool but I am prone to thrush and I'm just sure they would promote it.