Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Boys!!?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7807)

Carrie 05-22-2006 07:38 AM

Boys!!??

All they want to do is be nekky and play with their weenies :banghead: :banghead:. I try to put dipes on but no, must be nekky. I'm thinking this is going to get worse before it gets better. Anyone want to commiserate with me?

eightcowwife 05-22-2006 07:40 AM

Re: Boys!!??

me, me, mine is only ten months old, but he would love it if his diape was never on lol.

Lovinmy2boys 05-22-2006 07:45 AM

Oh, I don't think it ever gets better. It's a love affair with the weenie. My 5 year old doesn't like to wear underwear because "Mom, I like to feel the breeze on my penis!". My 5 month old constantly grabs his and laughs hysterically. My husband thinks this is all hilarious. The only other female in the house besides me is the dog, and she doesn't really count because she's fixed. I'm all alone in a sea of testosterone........:lostit:

Carrie 05-22-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovinmy2boys
Oh, I don't think it ever gets better. It's a love affair with the weenie. My 5 year old doesn't like to wear underwear because "Mom, I like to feel the breeze on my penis!". My 5 month old constantly grabs his and laughs hysterically. My husband thinks this is all hilarious. The only other female in the house besides me is the dog, and she doesn't really count because she's fixed. I'm all alone in a sea of testosterone........:lostit:

:spit: :rofl:

Jemgirl 05-22-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovinmy2boys

My seven month old does that too......grab and busts up laughing! Every time I try to change him, its just silly! There must be something ingrained in them from birth that it's there to play with:giggle:
My four year old always has his hand on it......I'm forever asking him if he needs to go potty, "No, just holding on" WHY! Is it going somewhere if you don't?
OH well!

ETA: Where did you get the shorties in your avi? I LOVE them!

bfoster2000 05-22-2006 07:55 AM

Oh yeah, we've been here for a few months now. DJ's 22 months and my neighbor (who has 3 teenage boys) says that it will get a lot worse before it gets better and that hers are still in that stage! :laugh: For a while, dressing DJ in onesies helped but now he's figured out that if he sits just right, he can go in through the side of the crotch and still get to it. So here we are in GA in the summertime and having to dress him in a onesie and long pants or a onesie and overalls even! He even does it in his sleep. When he was wearing sposies at night, almost every morning I'd wake up to find that the tape had "busted" on the diapers and the diaper was around his ankles! At least we don't have that problem with cloth but if he can get his hand in there, he'll pull his penis out so that he's peeing all over the bed instead of into the diaper. For a while I had to put those one-piece winter pajamas on him backwards because he'd unzip them to get at his diaper while he slept!! And the funniest thing is when we let him go naked, he'll run around holding onto it and telling everyone "MINE!"...like anyone else wants it! :D

Jemgirl 05-22-2006 08:00 AM

:spit: omg!!! too funny

Carrie 05-22-2006 08:00 AM

They have to sleep in FB's so they can't unzip their pj's to take off their diapers and get to their weenies. Actually it is only Ethan who tries to do this. Ryan hasn't been interested until just recently. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to get them dressed for our walk. The last attempt at diapering resulted in tantrum.

bfoster2000 05-22-2006 08:17 AM

Sometimes when DJ's in those moods, I try to get him interested in other body parts..."Where's your hair? Where's your ears?" etc. I have to move fast but sometimes it works. He's kind of getting over his pride at knowing his body parts but sometimes I can get him to count his fingers or tickle daddy or give him a toy (or something that's usually not a toy...like the thermometer or a box of wipes or something) to distract him for a minute.

Lovinmy2boys 05-22-2006 10:41 AM

The shorties are from Katie--River Walk Woolens. Her screen name is wbkt8. I loooooove them! They work great~~I think crochet is thicker than knit. Thanks!:goodvibes: