Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   favorite toddler books (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78088)

titania 12-29-2006 08:39 PM

favorite toddler books

what are your favorite books for toddlers? i am in the market for some new books and im looking for something other than eric carle, sandra boynton and dr suess (not bashing, we just have so many already).

so what do you love? or better yet, what do your kiddos love? :mrgreen:

Calideedle 12-29-2006 08:49 PM

Re: favorite toddler books

I love the book "The Cuddlers" so does DS!!

jjaelovesenglish 12-29-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titania (Post 574443)
what are your favorite books for toddlers? i am in the market for some new books and im looking for something other than eric carle, sandra boynton and dr suess (not bashing, we just have so many already).

so what do you love? or better yet, what do your kiddos love? :mrgreen:

We looked through the amazon mommy's reading lists to get great ideas. We have so many different types of books, and not authors stuff is the same. For instance there are some books by Margeret Wise Brown that we like and others we wouldn't walk across the street to pick up for free. It all has to do with the writing. We also get ideas by going to the library and only getting our faorites.

1happymama 12-29-2006 09:07 PM

My DD loves the "Little Bear" books. They're b/w pics and simple storylines but very sweet. I like that they have chapters so when we have extra time we can read several but if we're in a hurry, we can just read one or two. :giggle:

Our favorite thing to do is go to the library and pick out a new stack of books for the week. That's where we find most of our "gems". Have fun reading, mama! :goodvibes:

Others we love:

*Any of the "I Can Read" books by Weekly Reader Book Clubs

*Any of the "If you Give a pig a Pancake" or "...a Mouse a Cookie" or "...Moose a Muffin" books by Laura Numeroff

*"Curious George" has been a big hit (especially the older ones like "Curious George Flies a Kite)

*"Amelia Bedelia" by Peggy Parish

*"Stone Soup" is another favorite

Katelyn'sMomma 12-29-2006 10:01 PM

OK---I might be a little biased since I sell them but I sell them because I LOVE them!!!!! Any of the Usborne books are my favs! Especially the Picture book series. My DD is only 6 months and already she LOVES the touchy feely board books and I don't have to worry about the pages getting destroyed!!!
Check out..."There's a Mouse About the House" This book is a must have! The kids just love it!!! Check out the link to my website in my siggy....Happy reading!:)

mamamac 12-30-2006 05:58 AM

I have to agree with the pp

USBORNE BOOKS!

I may be a little biased as well, but they have such a great selection of board books that are so colorful.

ecomama7 12-30-2006 06:46 AM

I'm a Dr. Suess fan myself. :) Ohh and Shel Silverstein.

geckoed 12-30-2006 12:38 PM

Mama Mama and Papa Papa by jean marzollo
Backpack baby series
Dinosaur Roar
Duck Truck
No David and others by David Shannon
I love you Stinky Face
Is your Mama a Llama?
mem fox's going to bed book

urchin_grey 12-30-2006 12:58 PM

I second No David! That one is super cute... we don't have it but my little sister had the paper version but they do make it a board one too I believe - I just haven't been able to find it.

Anyway, we like:
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein - I still have the copy from when I was like 3 and its all colored in from going through all my sisters. But its my FAV children's book of all time.
The Baby Einstein board books because they have "real" pictures
The Baby's Book of the body by Roger Priddy - also has "real" pics and DS learned how to sign "baby" using this book and learned some of his body parts. :thumbsup:
Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
The Sign and Sing Along books by Annie Kubler
The Balloon Tree by Phoebe Gilman - not exactly a toddler book, but its a beautiful story and beautifully illustrated as well.

Julesmom23girls 12-30-2006 02:16 PM

A cute book that my mom got for my daughters is called I will Kiss you (lots and lots and lots) It is fun because as we read I give them kisses where ever the mommy in the book is kissing the baby. And when it says she will kiss their feet I always joke and say but I am not kissing your stinky little feet. We all laugh and it really keeps their interest to see what is going to get a kiss next. We also love the Kissing Hand and Pocket Full of Kisses. (Do we have a theme going on in our house) and the Give a Pig a Pancake/Give a Mouse a Cookie books too. Always fun to read. We have a whole library of our own around here.