Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cramping???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7824)

GrowingUpMad 05-22-2006 08:15 AM

Cramping????

Okay, let me start from the top. I am 25 weeks pregnant with baby #3 and while my last pregnancy was high risk (and they consider this one high risk because of that) this pregnancy has been going fairly smooth.

Yesterday I go the urge to rearrange the furniture in the front room and dh wasn't home to help me. I moved the all the furniture being careful not to strain but that darn coffee table had to be lifted to get it into place. Everything else slid pretty easily. Then I went to Costco and started cramping so bad it brought tears to my eyes. I went home and rested (did some sewing) and was feeling pretty good just tired. Then I went to work where I was on my feet and the cramping started again. I got home and put my feet up adn felt fine until I went to lay down, the cramping started again. It felt low in the stomach, almost like a bm was in store. I tried to go potty but couldn't complete the mission (seems to be the case for a while now). Today I am feeling pretty good, no cramping but then again I haven't tried to do anything including long standing or walking.

So I ask do you think that I am just a bit constipated or should I call the ob? There is no bleeding and it's not making me double over in pain. I can still feel Lilly moving around and my appetite and thrist is still there. LMK please!! I have never really been constipated so I am not familiar with that feeling.

1bigfamily 05-22-2006 08:51 AM

Re: Cramping????

That sounds like how I felt when I was constipated during my third pregnancy. You can take Maalox according to package directions and you should go by the end of the day, if you still have cramping after that I would call the OB. Maalox is safe during pregnancy. That is what I had to take on a dialy basis to prevent constipation!

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 05-22-2006 10:47 AM

I would personally call the doct.... just to be safe! They are very helpful even when your symptoms are nothing... better to be safe than sorry! :hugs:

hfitz5051 05-22-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzi Fannies Creations
I would personally call the doct.... just to be safe! They are very helpful even when your symptoms are nothing... better to be safe than sorry! :hugs:

Same here. I would rather call and it be nothing, then not call and it be something. :hugs:

FunnyMonkey 05-22-2006 10:56 AM

I'd call the doc, just to be sure it's ok.

2sweetboys 05-22-2006 11:24 AM

If it is constipation, I would go get a Fleet enema. They are by no means fun, but it will give you instant results. I had to use one with my first pregnancy. I was told not to take Maalox, but I would ask your doc. My doc provides a list of over-the-counter stuff you can take without calling them first, that was really helpful. If I can find it I will PM it to you if you want it.

~stacy~ 05-22-2006 12:14 PM

I took metamucil fiber during my pregnancy to keep me on track with things. Not a ton, probably about a half dose once or twice a day at most. But I also vote to call the doctor. What's the worst that can happen? Definitely better safe than sorry.

GL!