Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   how soon did you wear maternity clothes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7827)

MyKylie 05-22-2006 08:23 AM

how soon did you wear maternity clothes?

I am 6 weeks today and already don't need a belt on my pants. :( With DD#1 I wasn't in maternity clothes til 5 1/2 months. I don't want to be in maternity clothes at 2 months!!!!!:banghead:
Those of you who are pregnant with second baby or more...how much sooner were you in mat clothes?

ocfb16 05-22-2006 08:43 AM

Re: how soon did you wear maternity clothes?

With my one and only at 3 months I could not wear my old pants at all...I had to wear maternity pants.

1bigfamily 05-22-2006 08:48 AM

For each one it has been sooner. With #1 I just wanted to wear them but probably didn't actually need them until 3 or 4, #2 I think it was about the 2-3 months, #3 it was 4-6 weeks and #4/5 (the twins) were by 3-4 weeks! They say you get bugger quicker with each pregnancy bc your body knows what to do. Don't know but it was true for me!

Emma 05-22-2006 09:55 AM

Around 13-14 wks is when I started wearing maternity clothes. At that time though, it was mainly pants. I didn't really need to start wearing maternity shirts for another 3-4 wks.

hacandsac 05-22-2006 09:56 AM

With DD who was my first I never had to wear Maternity clothes, with DS it was around 3 mos, with this one my belly was how I knew I was prego even befor I missed AF:cry:

bfoster2000 05-22-2006 10:02 AM

The first time I was wearing elastic waists around 2-3 months...this time, I broke out the maternity jeans the day I found out! Seriously, I think I just quit bothering to suck it in at that point but I did start showing a lot earlier. I think part of it depends on how long you had between the two pregnancies...I had never really gotten my shape back so it was easy to stretch out again.

If you don't want to go into maternity clothes, have you seen the "belly bands" that are just like a belt that goes around the waist of your pants to hold them shut without fastening them? It looks like you're just wearing layered shirts...very cute.

Lucky Child 05-22-2006 10:02 AM

with bailey I needed them around 4 months. With Tyler (2nd) I think it was much longer... like 6 months or so... for pants at least. I needed shirts b4 pants b/c all my jeans are low rise so I didn't need to wear maternity for awhile.

scatterbrainedmom 05-22-2006 10:45 AM

with ds1 i started to wear them at 6 weeks *blush*
with ds2 probably around 12 weeks i thing
with ds3 i started to wear them around 30 weeks (i didn't start to show till then)

Blackbirdlane 05-22-2006 11:10 AM

pregnancies are weird. i didn't wear mat. clothes until 20 weeks or so with my 1st preg. my second one I was in them at 8 weeks. my belly was more stretched out, and it was just "pudgy" I also hated anything feeling tight around my tummy :yuck:

I am very short though, so no where for it to go but out. :laugh:

smilin_sara 05-22-2006 12:11 PM

it depends with me....shirts at like 4 months...my work pants 4 months but other pants was more like 5-6months.

now i am ready for my other clothes. i hate wearing the same thing day in and day out