Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My Feelings Are Hurt (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78557)

Sarah 12-31-2006 12:06 PM

My Feelings Are Hurt

Taci has been refusing homemade baby food since she was just over 6 months old. Last night DH offered her a jar of Gerber and she ate the whole stinking jar and was licking her lips when she was done

jkelstaten 12-31-2006 12:07 PM

Re: My Feelings Are Hurt

what did he feed her and what have you been making for her??

Sarah 12-31-2006 12:10 PM

he feed her turkey and sweet potatoes. I have made her
Turkey&Apples
Chicken,veggie&rice
Apples
Pears
Carrots
Green Beans
Pot Roast
Beef Stew
Oatmeal&Pears

I'm sure there's more and I just can't remember it off the top of my head

ashleynjacy 12-31-2006 12:13 PM

my dd did the same thing! She didn't like to be spoon fed though. Now she just feeds herself.:goodvibes:

annes_cottage 12-31-2006 12:40 PM

Did you try to add maybe just a touch of sugar to it? Maybe brown sugar? I think that is what I will try with Leland so he doesn't get all those preservatives.

urchin_grey 12-31-2006 01:10 PM

Ugh, I had the same problem... I found out some icky stuff about Gerber though so I stopped buying that brand. :o From what I read, they use fillers in their stage 2 and 3 so the baby doesn't get as much nutrition from those. (Not flaming, just passing that info along...)

But I agree with the PP, maybe add a little sugar? They have natural, organic cane sugar at Wal-mart (I know, not the best place to shop...) and that might be a little better than white sugar I'm sure.

fostermomcchr 12-31-2006 01:11 PM

Our last fosterbaby did that, he was 4.5 mths old and I made his food from the start, but then a couple days before his placement, I bought a couple jars just for those 2 days-seems to me that I can't make just a little bit of baby food, I always have enough to feed for a couple days and then fill the freezer so I just didn't want to waste anything. Well, wouldn't you know it, he chowed the jarred stuff right down where as he had eaten the homemade, but there was clearly a preference for the jars, and I was feeding the same exact flavors!

Sarah 12-31-2006 01:19 PM

So I'm thinking what kind of sugar would be best. Is there a diffence? I've got access to cane sugar(turbino?)Frucose,sucrose,glucose and lactose

Quote:

Originally Posted by urchin_grey (Post 578845)
Ugh, I had the same problem... I found out some icky stuff about Gerber though so I stopped buying that brand. :o From what I read, they use fillers in their stage 2 and 3 so the baby doesn't get as much nutrition from those. (Not flaming, just passing that info along...)

But I agree with the PP, maybe add a little sugar? They have natural, organic cane sugar at Wal-mart (I know, not the best place to shop...) and that might be a little better than white sugar I'm sure.

12-31-2006 01:25 PM

i have the same problem. :( i also have heard that the jarred baby foods are a lot more dilute, so the flavor is less potent. so i have heard that diluting your foods might work. :dunno: one thing that has helped here is a touch of salt. hasn't helped a bunch, though. i'll try the sugar too! :thumbsup:

jkelstaten 12-31-2006 01:57 PM

My babies just LOVED sweet potatoes. They seem to be a preference of a lot of babies I've known.

With the applesauce you could try different varieties of apples some are sweeter, some are more tart. My personal favorite is Pink Lady.