Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   need help remembering I will live through teething (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78744)

suziraye 01-01-2007 09:09 AM

need help remembering I will live through teething

Please remind me I will make it through this. My first and only DD is haveing her 2nd tooth come through. SHe is 9 months. I swear the first one didnt seem to make a difference in her mood but this one seems to be a bear! She isnt sleeping, my always pleasent friendly baby is grouchy and crying. It is killing me. Her sleep is messed up and I am afraid we wil never get back to a normal routine. I know I will get though this because I see people with more than one kids! :)
We are doing chew toys, cold rags, teething tablets, motrin, I think I am just going to have to get through it, I just need some reassurance!

whiterabbit 01-01-2007 09:40 AM

Re: need help remembering I will live through teething

:hugs: It will be ok. I think my ds has been teething since he was 4 months and he's eight months now with four top teeth and two bottom teeth. And they're sharp little suckers.

Are you cosleeping? That is what has kept me sane. He wakes up, nurses, and goes back to sleep. Then I go back to sleep. This way I can get at least 6 hours of sleep. :mrgreen:

Don't worry, it'll be over soon. Hang in there!

tazzae 01-01-2007 09:50 AM

:hugs: Hang in there!! You WILL get through it.

I don't really have any useful advice, but can sympatize. We deal with many of the symptoms you mentioned--cranky, not sleeping, generaly a PIA--when dd gets teeth. She's a very later teether (1st tooth at 15 months!), so at almost 3 she's still getting molars. I'm right there with you as far as needing a reminder that it's only temporary.

mommyto2presidents 01-01-2007 10:31 AM

Girl, I am right there with you! DS is acting like he's teething and has only 2 bottom teeth to show for it. He's whiny, crying and flat-out miserable and NOTHING seems to be working. We've got teething tablets, tylenol, teething necklace, etc. NADA!!! It's making me batty. It makes me keep thinking that he'll be a whiner forever. UGH!!!

ebutterfly782 01-02-2007 10:14 AM

Add us to the list! DD is almost 8 months old. She has 4 teeth now and sometimes 5. They are awful. She is usually so good and laid back. It has moved to whiny and not sleeping! She woke up last night after 2 hours of sleep screaming. We are nursing away! GL momma!

thenaturefreak 01-02-2007 10:56 AM

It will be okay :hugs:

We got two teeth at 3 months and 4 more in the weeks leading up to Christmas, so we have had some real *fun* recently. But now she is a sweet baby all over again. And although I miss her gummy smile, they are pretty darn cute with their new teeth too.

mom2kailinconnor 01-02-2007 11:42 AM

We are going through this as well. Both of my dc teethed early (as in showing signs, drooling, biting, etc). DD didn't get her first until 8 months, but yesterday I checked and DS has his 1st :yay:. He is 6 months and pretty miserable. We are using teething tablets and tylenol but mainly rings and rags are what do the trick for us!

boristhedog 01-02-2007 07:02 PM

:hugs: