Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   DELETE PLEASE (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787630)

Arkaidy 07-11-2009 08:25 PM

DELETE PLEASE

DELETE PLEASE

shelbell 07-11-2009 08:30 PM

Re: PIOG - Need any advice I can get

Oh mama. I'm sure it's because you're pregnant. Can you offer her something in a cup instead of nursing? Maybe just cuddle in a rocking chair or even in your bed. I really don't know, I haven't been there but I feel for you.

etsdtm99 07-11-2009 09:07 PM

OMG. I felt EXACTLY the same way when i was pg with DS !!!!! exactly!! .. i could have written that post.

it is totally normal and lots of women feel this way!! i have talked to a LOT of women who have tandem nursed and several of them have described this creepy crawly icky feeling, the wanting to just push the older nursling off, wanting to just get away. 100% normal while pregnant. do not feel bad for 1 second.

now that i got that out of the way -- my DD was the same way, always co-slept, nursed on demand etc. she was still nursing 5-8 times a day/night when i got pg with DS - she was 17 months old.. the feeling you're describing started at about 10 weeks for me, my milk dried up..

I decided ic ouldn't stand it anymore, i night weaned .. and morning weaned.. all at once. I told DD that the milk went 'nite nite' .. it had to sleep. and I nursed her to sleep and then if she woke up, i told her the milk was sleeping. she got REALLY mad, and she cried - but she understood that she wasn't alone - she wasn't scared - i held her or DH held her and she went back to sleep.. it took 2 or 3 nights of her waking up at her normal times and getting upset for her to stop getting upset, we still let her come to our bed when she woke up (she was in her own bed for bedtime) and she could cuddle or have a drink of water but no milk . seriously, 2-3 nights and she was sleeping through the night most of the time and when she did wake up and come to our room, that was fine.. she would go right back to sleep, usually cuddling with DH .. I also had to get out of bed before her so she wouldn't get upset about not getting to nurse in the AM ..

the creepy-crawly 'get off me' thing got better once DS was a few weeks old, but it was replaced with other not-so-great feelings..but we tandem nursed (only for bed time) for 11 months until she self weaned at 37 mo. and i'm really glad i did that for her.. I wanted to get to 2 yrs, that was my goal - and once i got there i was already 32weeks so i figured i'd made it that far, i wanted to see what tandem nursing was like.. short term goals are good ;)

blessedw2pink 07-11-2009 09:11 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I was like that with my DD when I was pregnant with my son. I lasted until she was 19 months old and I just HAD to stop. I just wanted to hit my poor sweet little girl. It felt so wrong. So I just stopped one night. I do not remember exactly how it was, but it was not the end of the world. I snuggled her but laid on my tummy so she had no access to my breasts. I laid with her as long as she wanted, but she was not allowed to touch my nipples. I would allow her to snuggle my breasts but not touch the nipples or lay on them.

It was the right time for us to stop. She slept better once she quit nursing and I was a happier person.
:hugs: I hope you find the right answer for you.

Arkaidy 07-11-2009 09:48 PM

Wow, I don't know why, but I'm actually surprised this is a common feeling! Lol.

I just felt like such a horrible human being because like was stated, I literally wanted to just throw her off me or whack her! And I am NOT that kind of person at all.

It makes me feel a lot better knwoing it's a normal feeling, and that it's probably caused by being preggo.

I read Dr. Jay Gordon's write up on night weaning, and also did some thinking on my own. I think I have a game plan set up. I'm sure she'll flip out for a day or so, but in the words of Dr. Sears "Remember, crying and fussing in the arms of a loving parent is not the same as "crying it out.""

Thank you all for your replies so far, and I'm open to anything else someone may want to add!