Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   HBAC (past or future) POST HERE!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7883)

Radish4ever 05-22-2006 11:51 AM

HBAC (past or future) POST HERE!!!

I think it would be awesome to have an HBAC thread!

I'm currently pg with #2 after having a C/S a year ago with DD (mainly due to her positioning and the fact that my water had been broken for 40 hours)

I am extremely interested in a HBAC with #2!

Anyone want to share stories, thoughts, articles, websites, etc? :)

-Jenn

heather_c 05-22-2006 09:07 PM

Re: HBAC (past or future) POST HERE!!!

Jenn - I am not TTC, but am actively researching how to achieve a VBAC with my future children. I had a c/s with my son after an induction at 42.5 weeks and pushing for 3 hours. He was positioned with his head slightly cocked, and this caused him to be unable to descend. I am not sure I can convince my DH to HBAC, but I will be trying.

If you do not mind me asking, where in Texas do you live? We will be moving to The Woodlands in the fall. I have been researching midwives and OBs in Houston for VBACs. The ICAN online group has been very educational for me.

Radish4ever 05-22-2006 09:18 PM

Heather - your story sounds a lot like mine, really!

I live in Western Texas, so it's a ways from Houston, but if you like I could ask my midwives if they know of any good ones in Houston? A good website to start looking at is http://www.texasmidwives.com/ :)

Thanks for responding! I hope that the HBAC goes smoothly. The midwives assured me last time that I had done everything I could to prevent the C/S so I don't feel too terribly about the outcome, but they were telling me in the hospital - it's not going to have to be a c/s next time! Your body, your choice ;) No one around here (OB wise) will really do VBAC without CONSTANT monitoring...

heather_c 05-23-2006 11:09 AM

Jenn - When is your baby due? I will be thinking of you. :)

You are right about the OBs and monitoring. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do (HBAC vs. hospital). I will check out that website. I have had several recomendations for midwives and VBAC friendly doctors, but more research never hurts.

FitMommyOf2 05-23-2006 11:28 AM

When I read the headline I was at first wondering what HBAC was!:laugh:
-Sorry, just found it so cute!:giggle:

GL for your VBAC, mama! I wish I'd have gone this way w/DS aswell but due to military health insurance issues I had no option but to have a repeat c-section..:cry:

Radish4ever 05-23-2006 12:17 PM

Heather - Baby is due 1/25! I'm less than 5 weeks pg. LO

Val- awww that stinks :( WHat matters is the happy healthy baby though, right?!

mom_of_3g_1b 05-23-2006 12:45 PM

Ok maybe I'm half awake but what is a HBAC? Is it the same as a VBAC?

If so, I am planning VBACs for any future children. Unmedicated preferably. I had a c-section with the girls because of the dangers of delivering triplets. My OB told me there was no other reason so future births could be vaginal.

Radish4ever 05-23-2006 02:21 PM

HBAC is a Home Birth After Cesarean Sorry forgot to clarify ;)

mom_of_3g_1b 05-23-2006 08:54 PM

Ok thanks. I admire any mama that can do that. Since having my preemies I like the hospital with the NICU right downstairs.

absoluteprncss 05-24-2006 03:09 PM

I'm about 21 wks, and planning a VBAC. I would love a HBAC, but Dh would never ever have it. I found out that my C section was due to heart rate drop from pitocen, and that they gave me that because I wasn't dilalating well since he was posteior. My doc is supportive of the VBAC, but says that IV's and the monitor is necessary. So I have been doing my reading and plan to labor at home as long as I can to avoid all of the intervention. My doc even told me that 1 in 10 home birth babies die!! What a load of crapola. But whatever. So if anyone has had a good VBAC I would love to hear about it!