Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone tried a Hotsling? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7966)

Psychomom 05-22-2006 04:00 PM

Anyone tried a Hotsling?

I'm interested in getting one when I have the baby. Currently I use a ring sling--I've never owned a Maya before, but I believe it's made from the Maya pattern. I love it, but I wanna try a pouch. But it makes me nervous because I have to order a size and I'm not sure what would work (I have an odd-shaped body, I think.) Any other recs?

Kelolsen-and-Padawan 05-22-2006 04:14 PM

Re: Anyone tried a Hotsling?

I ordered one and had to send it back for the smaller size. I was in between two sizes when I entered my info and sized up but I should ahve sized down. It was too big, I felt. I called themand thier customer service is great! She told me to wash it on hot and dry it (they rec line drying) and said it should shrink alot. I said that what if it was still too big, b/c I couldn't return it if I shrank it and dried it, but she said that they'd take it back since they were the ones that recommended that I do this. Well, it was still too big and they are exchanging it for me no problem! :) That's good business :) YOu could always buy one and try it - if it feels too big, I'd just return it for the other size, b/c I don't think it shrinks all that much - at least, not enough to shrink it a whole size if you know what I mean. also, you can take my words for what they are worth- I'm not really that sling knowledgeable. This is my first sling and my baby is 5 months. I thought he fit fine in the front (kangaroo?) carry, but I couldn't do the hip carry at all. He leaned too far back. He's 16 lbs, so its not like he's tiny. that's how I knew it was too big.

disneykidz 05-22-2006 04:18 PM

I LOVE hotslings. My DS was in one frrom birth.

TwinKristi 05-22-2006 04:46 PM

I have 2 Hotslings and love them both! Like the prev. poster, I ordered one that was too big but I didn't know until I started asking questions and I didn't know the lady was good about exchanging for different sizes or I would have! I have a Natural color Hemp in a 5 that I was thinking of getting rid of. Its stretchy and very comfy for mom and babe! I like my non-stretch sz 4 much better! Let me know if that's a size & color you might be interested in. I just washed it today actually!

raceNzanesmom 05-22-2006 06:04 PM

Love mine! I didn't buy it till Zane was over a year. Wish I'd had it from birth!!!

Jillybean 05-22-2006 06:21 PM

I have 2 hotslings and I love them both. They are great from birth on up, I use mine for my 2 yr old sometimes. Perfect for quick ins and outs. On sizing it is my experience that if your measurements give 2 different sizes you are probably better off choosing the smaller of the 2. It might even seem too small at first but once you get the hang of it its just right. HTH.:2cents:

SugarBunsWool&More 05-23-2006 07:09 AM

I love love love mine.
I got mine at www.attachedtobaby.com and they have online support to help you pick out the right size.
ITA with Jillybean on the sizing. I was between a 2 and a 3 and I got the three, not realizing it was too big for me, but now I have a 2 and it was made for me!

monkeylove 05-25-2006 12:50 PM

Like min ok, not the perfect size

Getz 05-27-2006 10:07 AM

I really like my hotsling, DS loves it!

Mine was a tad big and I was able to shrink it in the dryer.

mikesgirl64 05-27-2006 02:54 PM

I really liked mine. It was my first experience in babywearing and since them I've experimented further...much further to my wallet's disappointment. ;) Definitely a easy to use carrier. It hurt my shoulder/neck after my baby got a little bigger - like maybe around 5 months? We used it for a hip carry after that. My cousin borrowed it to carry her newborn around too....speaking of which I'll need to get it back before baby 2 gets here in Dec!
mandy