Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BG ("newer" 1.0) -- laundry tabs coming off?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80361)

MamaMegan 01-04-2007 03:48 PM

BG ("newer" 1.0) -- laundry tabs coming off??

:headscratch: While stuffing my pockets just abit ago I found that two of my 1.0s (newer, double cross over tabs, purcahsed mid September) have the laundry tabs coming unstitched and on all the edges.

So am I doing something wrong? I've hear about tab issues, experienced it myself but this is new to me.

LAF512 01-04-2007 08:34 PM

Re: BG ("newer" 1.0) -- laundry tabs coming off??

I'm having the same issue with mine, too. I follow all the directions (warm wash/line dry/no bleach, etc) and mine are still falling apart:cry: . I'm trying to get the free tab repair kits at Cotton babies website, but it won't let me make an order for $0!

mama4jc 01-04-2007 09:12 PM

You can email them directly for the tab repair kits b/c I encountered the same problem placing an order that totalled $0. :) My problem is not ordering them but I don't have a sewing machine...doh!

Christy 01-04-2007 09:28 PM

You have to have a sewing machine to fix them? That's a bummer because some of mine are doing it too. Darn. I sure hope my 2.0's don't do it too.

LAF512 01-04-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama4jc (Post 593932)
You can email them directly for the tab repair kits b/c I encountered the same problem placing an order that totalled $0. :) My problem is not ordering them but I don't have a sewing machine...doh!

I tried to email, too, but my email got rejected and sent back to me. I must just not be meant to use BG:cry:

Mommy2Cadence 01-04-2007 10:17 PM

Out of the 5 bg 2.0 pockets I have already 2 of them have laundry tabs falling off. (I take very good care of them) I honestly think that they are being sewn too close to the edge IMO.

wildflowerjenn 01-04-2007 10:38 PM

WHAT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you talking about the square that is sewn to the flap?

Or are you talking about the actual velcro tabs?

I'm so silly frustrated. This problem has been FIXED for a long time now and should NOT be happening.

Rebecca, please call us tomorrow. Please don't email - I'm really worried that emails aren't getting through our spam filter.

Thanks,

Jenn

MamaMegan 01-05-2007 07:42 AM

I'm talking about the square fabric sewn to the diaper that you attach the aplix tabs too-- with the "x" sewn through it-- the stitching around themis coming apart.

FitMommyOf2 01-05-2007 08:08 AM

I'm sure Jenn will take care of this prob for you guys! :goodvibes:

LAF512 01-05-2007 09:14 AM

Sorry, I mis-understood the first post. It is my actual velcro that is coming off. On mine, the velcro has frayed past the stitching so now my tabs are all seperated.