Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   BAC-OUT?? How do you use it? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80381)

davesaysimaturd 01-04-2007 04:18 PM

BAC-OUT?? How do you use it?

Hi.

I bought some BAC-OUT today. How do you use it?

I want to use it with my BG 1.0 and 2.0. Hopefully it will eliminate the stains and help prevent and eliminate stinkies.

Thanks.

Steve's Wife 01-04-2007 05:03 PM

Re: BAC-OUT?? How do you use it?

I rinse the poop off and spray the bac-off on the poopie parts. It works best if it soaks for several hours or overnight. Not a cheap way to reduce stains, but effective.

crunchymomma 01-04-2007 05:18 PM

Bac out is WONDERFUL. My cycle is.... I spray poopies with totally toddler... before putting in the pail. I wash every 2-3 days. I do a cold wash with baking soda and I put bac out in a snuggle ball. I then do a hot wash with sun detergent. I've diapered two kids like this and have never had a problem. The bac out leaves a lime scenet to my dipes that I love.

kkweight 01-04-2007 05:44 PM

ya, pretty much do what the above gals said. get the poops off. Then i sprayed a little bit on where the poop marks are left. You dont need tons of this stuff though, its very effective and just a little is needed.
Also, make sure you rinse rinse rinse! It does create some suds, but as long as you rinse well it shouldnt be an issue.

jrpbrown1 01-04-2007 05:54 PM

Yup, just like above I spray it on poopy areas of dipes before dry pailing. I diluted it 50% with water in a spray bottle. I have also squirted some in my cold prewash but I have to really rinse when I do that as DD has become rashy when I don't do extra rinses.

Emma 01-04-2007 06:57 PM

I usually just put some of it in the washer when I do my presoak. If I can, I try to soak the dipes over night. If there's a really tough stain (we don't really get sun in the winter), I'll put some directly onto the stain.

~happy2Bamommy~ 01-04-2007 09:02 PM

Did you get the 16 oz concentrate or 32oz ready to use?

Either way I put it in an old dish soap bottle (if concentrate dilute) and I get what poopies I can off then just squirt it on the diaper.I was using a spray bottle but found that for my AIO's the dish soap bottle got enough liquid out to treat the inner part to without much effort on my part :thumbsup:

I sometimes add it to the wash in a cold pre-rinse on a full load(I think if you use it in hot/warm off the bat it kills the Bac-Out so do cold first??I read that somewhere:headscratch: ) I then launder the load in warm or hot and it kills whatever Bac-Out enzymes might be in the diapers :giggle: I don't do this often :thumbsup:

If you are having stickies right now I would spray/squirt everything really well and let it sit overnight before washing. If you have a dishwasher strip all your inserts and doubler in it a few times.

I have also found that with bG's (which is most of my stash) if I put the poopy diapers in a seperate wet bag and on wash day run them through a rinse and then add all my pee diapers.. something about that pre-rinse with the poopy ones KEEPS the suedecloth smelling nice and clean on all my diapers! Something about mixing a poopy bG in with the rest of the load was making all the suedecloth smell funny. Not like poo but not fresh either if that makes sense.

ModernMama 01-04-2007 09:40 PM

I have the self foaming spray and I just spray it on any poo stains before I throw the dipe in the hamper. Hasn't failed me yet! You can get it for a great price at www.drugstore.com.

targhee 01-04-2007 09:43 PM

I spot treat with it - just squirt a little on the poopy diapers as I am tossing them in the wash. I let them sit for an hour or so, then do my regular wash (HOT wash, two cold rinses using Planet powdered detergent alternated every third wash with Tide).

WinterMomma 01-04-2007 10:11 PM

Ooh, keeping it near the pail is a great idea! I religiously did this with every poop diaper with Ds, but now it's more like I dump them in the washer and go. No time to examine each diaper. I hadn't figured out how to work it into our routine since my Whole Foods finally got them back in stock!

This place is full of great ideas!