Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   donating diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80422)

allye 01-04-2007 06:11 PM

donating diapers
 
Hey all.
I have some diapers which I have had up on FSOT for some time, and I at this point don't think anyone is going to bite.

I was thinking of donating them if I can, to help someone out who you know, could use them? But seeing as I am in Canada, I don't know where I could do that.

I mean I could put them up on Freecycle (we don't have a Craigslist here!) but I was curious - is there any other places I could donate them to? There's nothing wrong with them, I guess no one wants to buy them > <
I have pockets, covers and I think an AIO or two...

Thoughts? :)

kht2006 01-04-2007 06:44 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
Miracle Diapers or...ummmm there's another one I can't think of the name..fairy or pixie or something diapers. Somebody help me out here:)

jenn5388 01-04-2007 06:55 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
The only one I can think of is miracle diapers.. I surely wouldn't put them on Freecycle. People would just get them to try and sell them I'm sure.. if you wanted to do that, you should just stick them on the FFS board here. :)

allye 01-04-2007 08:04 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
I know I don't want to put them on Freecycle, but it seems no one wants em' so I have to do something with them ;)

tigrlyzen 01-04-2007 08:16 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
Miracle Diapers hopes to open a chapter in Canada this year, so you could hold onto them until then, or you could send them to one of our US chapters now. We pay shipping for those can't manage it.

Contact info @ MiracleDiapers .org for more details.

Warmly,

Ruth Buchholz
Miracle Diapers
Executive Director


Quote:

Originally Posted by allye (Post 593678)
I know I don't want to put them on Freecycle, but it seems no one wants em' so I have to do something with them ;)


allye 01-04-2007 08:18 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
emailing now, thank you!

Namaste 01-04-2007 08:26 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
I also gave some diapers away here. I had moms in need email me and tell me why they needed one. I tried to keep it "in the family."

:)

CheapMom2B 01-04-2007 08:37 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
I am in Canada as well and if you are near a city you could contact the local women's centres or universities, often mama's in need check there for clothing and baby supplies. I am in Winnipeg and volunteered at a local womens centre and I never saw any abuse there (ie people looking for diapers to resell).

CheapMom2B

allye 01-04-2007 08:41 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SusanSmiles (Post 593746)
I also gave some diapers away here. I had moms in need email me and tell me why they needed one. I tried to keep it "in the family."

:)

where do you post something of that nature? :)

allye 01-04-2007 08:41 PM

Re: donating diapers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapMom2B (Post 593796)
I am in Canada as well and if you are near a city you could contact the local women's centres or universities, often mama's in need check there for clothing and baby supplies. I am in Winnipeg and volunteered at a local womens centre and I never saw any abuse there (ie people looking for diapers to resell).

CheapMom2B

Yeah I don't know if we have any places like that here... but i'll look for sure :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors