Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best diaper for non cders? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80621)

mrsott 01-05-2007 08:59 AM

Best diaper for non cders?

I am going back to work full time w/ my new promotion :lostit: at Banana Republic.... a girl that works w/ my husband is coming into our home to watch dd three days a week, and I am looking for something a bit more user friendly than pfs and snappis :laugh: DH hasnt even got that down yet! I was thinking aios or pockets.... I would like to go the wahm route to support some mammas, but I need something that works.... and preferably CHEAP since they are for the sitter... kwim?
TIA

havanadaydreamin 01-05-2007 09:26 AM

Re: Best diaper for non cders?

You could try Nana's bottoms for AIOs...I think that she is momof7 here on DS and she has great prices and I've heard really good things about her dipes. I have a fitted that I really like.

greenkmt 01-05-2007 09:29 AM

I would say FF because I have heard that they are alot like Fuzzi Bunz.

MyGlorylife 01-05-2007 09:37 AM

welp... we LOVE our BG AIO's!! super user friendly- hubby calls them reusable dipaers and not cloth!

What I would do if looking in the WAHM route is find something similar.

I think an AIO is easier and more user friendly than even a pocket.
Velcro is easier than snaps
and who doesn't love aplix!

I think if you found atleast an AIO with velcro you would be good. Those two features make cding just as easy as sposie only you wash instead of throw away.

Now I do know- atleast for myself- that an AIO alone doesn't cut it for nap times- we lay 1 cb insert on the inside of the AIO for naps. If you needed more than that then you may want to pick up a few pockets or a naptime fitted and a super easy cover- anything without snaps!

Now I know a lot of people will disagree on the snaps but my opinion is this- snaps are an aquired taste- anytime you can avoid that with a newbie do so!

You want not just something easy to use but something they don't wrinkle their nose at- kwim?

I find snaps to be highly annoying and was glad I didn't use anything with snaps when I was learning to cd- trying to get a wiggly baby to stay put while I made sure the snaps were right is hard. Its getting easier but I put up with them for fitteds and would like to abolish all my covers that snap.

Anyway that is the route I would go. An AIO is truly the most user friendly!!

camomof5 01-05-2007 09:59 AM

Bumkins or Kushies are reasonable and easy, I actually and thinking of selling all of mine, I am going wool and BPs only ;)

mrsott 01-05-2007 10:05 AM

I forgot about kushies... we used a few of those in teh beginning... snaps are kind of a pain, imo too... but dh hates velcro for some reason... but that doesnt mean he has to use them... dd is SUCH a pain when it comes to diaper changes... she freaks out and squirms.... :banghead:

FancifulFanny 01-05-2007 11:12 AM

You could try my AI2s.:thumbsup: Even my DH can get them.

nmb 01-05-2007 11:15 AM

Check out Deb's diapers at www.madebymama.com

Deb makes pockets w/ suede inners, so they are still dry next to baby's skin, and they work great, lots of cute fabrics to choose from. Great mama to work w/ too. You choose snaps or velcro, so whichever you decide you prefer.

allye 01-05-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmb (Post 595769)
Check out Deb's diapers at www.madebymama.com

Deb makes pockets w/ suede inners, so they are still dry next to baby's skin, and they work great, lots of cute fabrics to choose from. Great mama to work w/ too. You choose snaps or velcro, so whichever you decide you prefer.

I second debs diapers! We have 3 and they are awesome!

Another one is one mad giraffe, hyenacart.com/onemadgiraffe

and pot belly pig designs OF COURSE :P hyenacart.com/
buddhabellies

another route you could do is just AIOS hmm... i know our AI2 from nothing butt cloth was quite absorbant www.nothingbuttcloth.com and melissa is amazing :)

kgsd 01-05-2007 11:29 AM

I vote for anything the sitter can get on and off like a sposie. No stuffing, snapping or laying in inserts or doublers. So any pre-suffed pocket, true AIO, or AI2 with the doubler already snapped in will work.

And I do think aplix is less scary than snaps. I don't like aplix, but might consider it if Katie had to go to a sitter.