Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thinking bout fitteds for night (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80650)

MojoMama 01-05-2007 10:36 AM

Thinking bout fitteds for night

For daytime use, specifically at DD daycare, we use SB aplix AIOs from the outlet. They are working GREAT! SBs AIOs wont work at night though for us, just too much of a heavy wetter. I traded my L FBs for PTs and used one last night for the first time, and again she leaked. This was with a CB insert and CB doubler. I'm contemplating fitted at night now, with a cover.

Are fitteds more absorbant? The one advantage I can see right now is that the fitted would stay in place, in other words, the inserts bunch up in the crotch, so the pee leaks over between the thighs since there is no insert against the edge of the thighs to catch it (make any sense :headscratch:... this is my theory at least so not sure).

Which fitted would you recommend... like I said, I am really loving the fit of the SBs AIOs, would you recommend their fitteds or any other brands?

Zanne 01-05-2007 11:06 AM

Re: Thinking bout fitteds for night

I just started using fitted at night myself (I was using PFs). I bought a few fitted swaddlebees - organic terry cotton and organic velour pocket, and I love them both. I like the velour better, b/c it dries faster and I can control the stuffing, plus the pocket is kind of narrow so you don't have to worry about the insert moving around too much.

MojoMama 01-05-2007 11:21 AM

hee hee! I'm spoiled now that i tried the AIOS that are lined in velour, so I am def. loving those too. I didnt think to look at the OV pockets on their site... just looked at the fitteds tab.

MyGlorylife 01-05-2007 11:52 AM

We use mother-ease at night and they work awesome!!! My son is a super soaker and nothing gets past those dipes and covers and I do not have to super bulk'em up either- so fantastic!

You can try a ME OS with snap in insert and cover for 16.95 shipped from www.motherease.com

I always like getting atleast one dipe new just to know how my used ones should be/work- kwim!

Anyway you could get it- try it and if you like it then watch FSOT they come up in good deals if you keep your eyes open! They also hold up really good through time. AND being an OS it will grow with your kiddo you would just need to get a few coresponding covers in the right size.

I have hte regular airflows and they work sooooooo good however I want to try the RIKKI ones because I am not a snap fan- and the RIKKI's have velcro- but you can only get the AF's in the "try it" special from the web.

serena22304 01-05-2007 12:59 PM

we have really good luck at night with the hemp peewell fitteds