Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are trying Fuzzi Bunz a MUST? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80792)

amandaev 01-05-2007 01:31 PM

Are trying Fuzzi Bunz a MUST?

I want to try out a few of the best pocket diapers out there. I have friends that LOVE FB, and I have friends that DON'T. What are you favorate pockets? Here is a list of what I want to try and what I allready have...

Want to try:

Knickernappies Disposanots, Swaddlebees, Snap-EZ, Pocket Change and possibly Fuzzi Bunz (?)

I have:

BG 1.0, Haute Pocket and My Precious Baby by April.

I'm apprehensive about trying a HH b/c I've heard the leg openings are larger and my babie's tend to be VERY long and skinny.

I shy away from Diapers that you need to wait in line for a custom spot for. I like to order when I need it or have the money for it.

Am I missing a "must have" in my list? Do I NEED a Fuzzi Bunz? Do SBs come with an insert? What is the best insert?

I think that covers all my pocket questions.

Calideedle 01-05-2007 01:36 PM

Re: Are trying Fuzzi Bunz a MUST?

You of course dont have to but I prefer FB & Royal Buns diapers. Some people dont like FB and never use them but that is what I started with and have gone through SO MANY different kinds and have tried all different diapers (fitted, PF, AIO, AI2, etc) and always love my FB & Royal Buns ( www.royalbuns.com ) though I am not sure when she is stalking!

Those are my favorites. I personally dont like HH they just fit weird on my fotball player son! My favorite inserts are Micro Towels (2 work all night and are trim) but I also like CB and I have 3 hemp ones (I think hemp) that have openings in them to stuff more in that I love.

I HATE stalking a diaper too so I never buy one that I have too!

Good luck!

Ooey 01-05-2007 01:37 PM

Your missing GADs :giggle: www.greenacredesigns.com

Manna00 01-05-2007 01:40 PM

We just became a "pocket family" recently when DS outgrew his infant PFS and the regulars and premiums I have are too much bulk for his clothes. I actually went the pf route at first becuase I didn't want to become a "fuzzibunz family"... well... thanks to a whole lot of kindness from other mamas... we're now a fb family. They work really well.. for now... but like with most "diaper solutions"... you kind of have to go with the eb and flow of DC growing in and out of diapers.

Good luck!

Mel 01-05-2007 01:44 PM

Sb inserts are sold seperately. I would try FB. They were the only diaper that worked for us for a long time. (He needed petite because he's so tall and skinny) And they are easy to sell if they don't work for you.

I honestly believe you are doing yourself an injustice by not ordering a custom from Zany Zebra. ;) You have to get a slot and then order your custom but they are my favorite diaper by far (I'm a primarily pocket person) http://hyenacart.com/ZanyZebraDesigns/ So worth stalking for!

amandaev 01-05-2007 02:02 PM

Ok, I added Royal Buns, GAD and Zany Zebra to my "to buy" list. I like the idea of adding your name to a custom slot waiting list (Zany Zebra). Except I couldn't add my name right now. I guess the line was too long. But I got on the newsletter email so I guess they will announce when they are ready. I just hate stalking things (i.e. PWs):mrgreen: I never win anything. Not even paying for a custom diaper slot. :lostit: Thanks ladies. keep 'em coming.

Leininger27 01-05-2007 02:08 PM

SB don't come with inserts and IMO only use SB inserts with them. Every other insert bunches and then causes leaks!

We love our FB here! I would add Berryplush to your need list. It isn;t a pocket, but an AI2 and everyone needs to try at least 1. :mrgreen:

Adamsmama 01-05-2007 02:12 PM

We love FB. After trying just about every other diaper out there--they are still our favorite pocket. I've just ordered a Haute Pocket to try and have yet to try a BG2.0 (have a bunch of the 1.0). FB last the longest, have the fewest amount of leaks, work day and night and fit a variety of inserts. (They are DH's favorite diaper!)

amandaev 01-05-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leininger27 (Post 596541)
SB don't come with inserts and IMO only use SB inserts with them. Every other insert bunches and then causes leaks!

We love our FB here! I would add Berryplush to your need list. It isn;t a pocket, but an AI2 and everyone needs to try at least 1. :mrgreen:

I guess I should have mentioned that I pre-ordered a BP in firestorm a couple weeks ago. I couldn't help seeing for myself what all the rave was about. I havn't gotten it yet though. :hugegrin:

SugarBunsWool&More 01-05-2007 02:17 PM

FB's never worked for my long skinny boy.
We use bG! and love them. They're easy to get and fit great. :)
I used HH at first, but then I had a difficult time with the fit. I couldn't get them tight enough at the waist to make the thighs as small as I needed them to be. It was annoying and I sold them all! I wasn't crazy about SB's the fit was weird on my DS and I tried the newer ones and the older ones. The older ones had wicking issues out the design on the front if I remember correctly. The thighs were also a bit big for Mr. Skinny Legs.
I have a Royal Buns pocket and I've really enjoyed the fit of it. Its trim and cute!
HTH!!:thumbsup:
I haven't tried the others you mentioned. :blush: