Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   My husband really needs a new job (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815785)

whitneywalters 08-19-2009 03:30 PM

My husband really needs a new job

My husband currently is working 60+ hrs a week and not getting paid overtime so the money is not great. We are trying to find a new job that he would be able to make about the same amount of money but less hours.

He really want to go back to school but working that many hours does not have time.

We have three children, 3 yrs, 2 yrs and 6 weeks. He misses them so badly, because of working 9-9 there are days that the kids are already asleep when he gets home.

I need him home more also, I am so overwhelmed!

doublebk 08-20-2009 11:43 AM

Re: My husband really needs a new job

praying for you! I know how stressful it can be to have kids and no help.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 08-20-2009 11:59 AM

prayers sent:hugs:

whitneywalters 08-20-2009 04:01 PM

Thank you everyone.

I think the answer to my prayers is coming soon. I am going to be opening a second hand shop, my sister is blind so she has been struggling to find a job so she is going to work for me, mostly watching my kids because I want them with me, I will set up a play room for them. My mom is going to help me run it. I am hoping that we will make enough money for him to get a full time job that pays less and with NORMAL hours so he can get back into school.

Yesterday was just really hard, the two older ones were fighting with each other all day long and the baby is in a growth spurt so she wants to nurse all day long.

THBVsMama 09-13-2009 02:59 PM

:bighug:

ClothDiaperMePlease 09-13-2009 03:02 PM

:hugs: prayer and PT coming your way mama.

JnS Mama 09-14-2009 03:17 PM

Have you looked into scholarships and grants (specifically Pell Grants) for your dh?

He can also do work study through school to pay for his tuition. If your dh quits working, I think he would qualify for a lot of the programs. If going to college would literally change your lives, then it's worth it to go this route. Don't feel bad about 'mooching' or whatever--the trap of low paying work is hard to get out of. If it means selling the house and living off of his scholarships/loans so you guys can get ahead, do it!

What would he be looking at majoring in?

Ami

shycrazy 09-15-2009 12:12 AM

Everything happens for a reason :pray::pray::pray: