Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   my baby has a broken leg (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81917)

titania 01-08-2007 08:41 AM

my baby has a broken leg

we were leaving a playdate yesterday evening and my dh was carrying micah down the stairs and he slipped and fell. micah started crying like i've never heard before. i thought at first it was because he hit his head on the wall, but he wouldn't calm down, he wouldn't nurse, and when i tried to stand him up so i could get a look at him, he wouldn't bear weight on his left leg. i knew then, but didn't want to freak out my dh who was already feeling terrible. so we went directly to the hospital. it took a while to get in, so dh took jonas home to put him to bed, my sister came to sit with him, and dh came back up with us. they did x-rays and showed me where it was broken. both lower leg bones, one was broken and the other was kinda bent. :cry: they had to give him anesthesia to set it. they used the 'date-rape' drug. i am not kidding. he is in a cast up to the middle of his thigh. he's been whiney but not too bad. they gave him tylenol with codeine for pain. but nothing for my dh's broken heart. :crying:

Kylie&Logan'sMommy 01-08-2007 08:42 AM

Re: my baby has a broken leg

awww poor little one :hugs:

Fuzzi Fannies Creations 01-08-2007 08:44 AM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: awww poor baby!!!!

beanmama 01-08-2007 08:44 AM

:bighug:

I hope he feels better soon how long do they anticipate he'll need to be in a cast? Your poor DH- I'm sure he feels awful but accidents do happen, hope he feels better soon too :goodvibes:

Mel 01-08-2007 08:45 AM

Awww poor guy! Hope he and dh feel better soon.

vinsmommy 01-08-2007 08:51 AM

:hugs: to all of you! Poor baby and poor daddy. I've almost slipped carrying ds before and it is scary.

mrsott 01-08-2007 08:56 AM

:hugs: Hope they both feel better soon!

ShayneLeMaster 01-08-2007 08:59 AM

man, that sucks.. I feel bad for your baby.. but maybe more for youe dh... being an adult and having the feeling of guilt... that sucks.. my husband would probably freak if something like that happened.. he's the super careful one.... wont let DD go out with no shoes on.. wont let her play on trampoline even with supervision.. just really careful... like too careful.. man that just sucks.. im soo sorry... how old is your child?... like will he really remember?

karmamama 01-08-2007 08:59 AM

:hugs: :hugs: Similar thing happened to me with my first dd just before her second birthday. She was running around crazy wild, and (ironically) I was afraid she was going to smash into the wall and crush her fingers or her nose ... so I suggested she hop up and down instead....she came down on her foot wrong and broke her little leg :crying: I felt so terrible (still do when I see that tiny little cast in her memory box)

Hope your son heals quickly, and that your husband lets himself of the hook -- it's not as though it happened thru negligence, it was a true accident :hugs:

Leininger27 01-08-2007 09:00 AM

:hugs: Poor baby. I know what that is like. My ds2 broke him elbow! It is amazing how fast kids bones heal though! :)

Poor DH. I hope he starts feeling better too! Things happen... :hugs: