Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   A little vent... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8209)

lovemygirls 05-23-2006 03:07 PM

A little vent...

If you know me, you know that my kids are 16 months apart. I've been having a hard time with having time for both of them. I'm soooo tired by the time they end up FINALLY taking a nap I just don't feel like doing much expect sitting down for a little bit. My house is a disaster and I'm feeling like I'm loosing control and I not a very good mom/wife!!

The other thing that's been really bugging me is that there are A TON of kids in the neighborhood (7 to be exact) and I feel like Morgan's is getting jipped. They all have someone to play with and Morgan is ALWAYS LEFT OUT!! I know she's only (almost 22 months old) but still. She loves playing outside and she doesn't have anyone to play with. I just feel so bad for her. For example Saturday dh took Morgan outside to play because he saw the other kids outside playing too so he figured why not let her play with them. Well they get outside and everyone goes in. Or else everybody just ignores us. Maybe it's just me (which it probably is) but I just don't want my kid to be left out either. I know next summer Morgan and Madalyn will have each other to play with which makes it a little easier but still. Thanks for listening to me vent!!

bobandjess99 05-23-2006 03:24 PM

Re: A little vent...

aaawwww, i hear you!
Dd, at 20 months, is so outgoing and wants DESPERATELY to have someone to play with.....she LOVES it when her brothers come visit, and literally goes up to strangers in public and tries to "join" any family with lots of little kids.
It breaks my heart!!
We're chomping at the bit to have another one, but have pretty strong beliefs about not spacing children too closely....but it's just another few months till another one will hopefully be on the way!

MamaZ 05-23-2006 03:27 PM

:hugs: You're a great mom and wife! :hugs:

That can be so frustrating when others won't let you into there little cliques they have. Where I live now (and probably permanently :laugh: ) there are 3 kids all around my DS's age right across the street so I lucked out. I hope another kid will want to play with her soon :)

lovemygirls 05-23-2006 03:50 PM

don't get me wrong I LOVE having my kids close together....just let me get past this first year and it'll be even better! :mrgreen:

hfitz5051 05-23-2006 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemygirls
don't get me wrong I LOVE having my kids close together....just let me get past this first year and it'll be even better! :mrgreen:

:hugs: That is the hardest part. It will get better. And you'll hardly even notice when you add a third :giggle:

jls~Kain~Drake 05-23-2006 05:54 PM

Just wanted to chime in that my 28mo old gets left out too....nobody wants to play with a "baby".....nephew (through marriage) will say he wants to play with ds and whine and cry over it....then when the neighbor boys come out he completely abandons ds :(
I think it's the age and not you guys....

And as far as the feeling like you're loosing control, etc....I'm right there with you, but unfortunately have no suggestions. Mine are 1 week shy of being 19 months apart. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Lucky Child 05-23-2006 06:26 PM

Oh Ginger! I wish I was there so Bailey could play with Morg all day long! That would be so fun. I'm so sorry for you. I feel your pain as you know, with mine being 16 months apart as well.
I think we just have to accept that we are not going to have control most of the time, our houses will be a disaster, and we can try our best to be good wives, but sometimes we have to be good mothers first.
It's sad but just think in a few short months the girsl will be playing together and you and greg and the girls will also be out here playing with my kiddos on your summer vacation:)

woolfulcomforts 05-24-2006 11:10 AM

oh i was just where you are too.. the boys are 17 mo. and all the kids where older and only one girl would play with austin. well she is already 9 now. but when she turned 7 and started school she was no longer austins friend. Austin was so sad. she yelled at him to go home and get out of her yard:cry:

he is very sensitive and it hurts to see your baby sad.

on a good not the boys are now 3 and 5 and play awsome together. . and get along great with Jasper.

it will get better. i had that "no more kids" idea after markie. it was hard and i thought , "how in the world can i be a good mom with another one?" but really it gets much easier..:hugs: :hugs: now i want two more kids.

Kindermama 05-29-2006 07:25 PM

HUGS! I'm about to venture into life with 2 16 months apart! But I have the older kids to entertain them too...so I'm no help!

any chance you can get yourself a break a couple times a week?? an afternoon mother's helper...a local teenager maybe?

2lilmonkeys 05-29-2006 10:21 PM

I know how you feel :( There are not many kids in my neighborhood for my kids to play with. And the few that are around are not very nice. When my very shy oldest DD was about 3 year old she decided she was finally going to work up the nerve to play with the 7 or 8-ish year old girls accross the street. They were playing on a slip and slide. I stood there while she spent 45 minutes bouncing a ball while she inched her way up their driveway. The girls could see her but didn't bother to invite her to play. When my daughter finally reached where they were playing they yelled "Go home!". THEIR MOTHER WAS SITTING ON THE PORCH WATCHING THIS AND DIDN'T SAY A WORD!!!!! I couldn't believe it! This was an acceptable way to treat a little girl who just wanted someone to play with?? Ugh!

~Amy