Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mirena IUD (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82260)

allye 01-08-2007 06:41 PM

Mirena IUD

I don't know if this is in the right category or not... yikes.

I am having one of these put in tomorrow, just curious if anyone has had any major side effects from this? Reason im asking is i've had 2 kids while being on the pill (became pregnant twice while using the pill) and couldn't take Depo due to major horrible side effects.

I have researched this, I just would input from other mamas - thanks :)

Pam221 01-08-2007 06:43 PM

Re: Mirena IUD

HA I'm having mine taken out tomorrow ! I've been bleeding nonstop since Aug 28th , thats with trying bcp's and extra estrogen to make the bleeding stop . I hope it works for you , its def made my life a living hell.

mississippimommy 01-08-2007 06:51 PM

I had a copper (10 yr) one for 18 months and had no problems. It didn't have the hormones like Mirena though...

bsydprmkn 01-08-2007 06:59 PM

i had mine in for two years. i thought it was great and no problems until i had it taken out in nov. since then my drive has gone up and im not as mean.

kht2006 01-08-2007 07:21 PM

I had one for six months then had it taken out b/c of problems.

allye 01-08-2007 07:24 PM

Ah yeah ... I had the depo shot and it turned me into like this almost 300 lb monster...and im so not kidding.

I was told to have this put in instead of getting my tubes done, because I do want one more but not right now...

havanadaydreamin 01-08-2007 07:25 PM

Well, I must be in the minority, but I have had mine since Aug. 05 and haven't had any problems. Since I hadn't even had an AF yet from my DD, I haven't had AF at all yet b/c I'm still nursing! My last one was in July 04.

I don't have have too much of a sex drive, but I associate that with WOH full time and my non-sleeping DD. When we don't have DD, I don't have any problems!:blush:

iris0110 01-08-2007 08:56 PM

Well I had mine placed when ds2 was about 8 weeks old. I have had some minor side affects, but all in all we like it. I say minor side affects, but really I have just had spotting on and off since it was placed. I think it is a combination of the IUD and my hormones from EBFing. I just got AF back and am no longer having the spotting. And on the plus side my periods are much lighter since they returned, and far less crampy. I was really considering having it removed before AF returned because of the spotting, but now things seem to have evened out. So I will give it a few more months and as long as the spotting stays gone then I think I will keep it until we are ready to try for another babe.

allye 01-08-2007 09:00 PM

See everyone says they get cramps and etc.. im one of those select few who doesn't get cramps ... at all! the only time I have ever felt cramps is when im in labor... :(

I guess i'll find out tomorrow...

jrk 01-08-2007 09:02 PM

I've had mine for about 9 months. I like it. I just recently had my first af since (I just started weaning). I think I've only had cramps like 2 times. I used to get really bad cramps and heavy, heavy bleeding, but took a chance with this. Imo it's great, it's done wonders for me!