Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bad appointment (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8262)

prissygirls 05-23-2006 07:32 PM

Bad appointment

Okay so I was all excited about my first appointment with the Dr. today. My appointment was at 10:30, the girls were not allowed to go outside because they would get totally dirty. So we were bored all morning we leave at 10:00 to make the appointment a little early to fill out paper work. So need less to say, it did not go my way. They did not even call my name to fill out the paper work until 11:30!!!! Mind you I have my two girls with me who are 3 and 2. I was highly PO'd. They call me back around 11:45. Then they do an ultrasound after I said that it was to early to see anything, and they saw nothing! So they move me to a different room and the nurse/something or other who is to see me instead of my dr comes in. She says well I do not see anything in the ultrasounds so you might not be preg. or it is just to early to see anything. I am like you think I am not preg. She wanted me to do some blood work that I had done last week. So I told her, I just had three tests done that said I was preg and that my HcG levels were fine. She then actually looks at my chart and was like oh yeah:banghead: Well then you should be fine, come back in two weeks for another ultrasound. Why, I will only be 7 weeks then? I just do not understand dr. This appointment was a total waste of my time. I am seriously considering going to a midwive and never going back!

Lucky Child 05-23-2006 07:36 PM

Re: Bad appointment

I love my ob and would never switch to a midwife just b/c I love her so much... but in this case I think it'd be a wise decision.
:hugs: and sorry it sucked so much.

Kimmomy2dom 05-23-2006 07:37 PM

Ugh, sounds like a PITA. Can you write a letter to them? I'm sure if you complain to the top dog somehow maybe they can organize a little better. Or complain to the Dr. next time. Sometimes it takes awhile in the waiting room, but if the whole visit was a waste of your time, someone needs to hear about it!

FunnyMonkey 05-23-2006 10:06 PM

Awful visit! Mine usually calls if they are late, especially that late. I'd be pretty mad that they hadn't read the chart either.

I remember seeing your post a few days ago about a low hcg level, sounds like it is doubling ok from you update.

I just wonder if they might be worried about ectopic or other hormone issue & that is why they want you to come back, but the nurse didn't want to say b/c they don't want to worry you (which is wrong, they should keep you informed if that's the issue).

Maybe you can call them & insist the md read your file & tell you for sure WHY exactly you need to come back in 2 weeks & if they are worried at all about your hormone levels or if that is not a concern at all.

I just went thru an ectopic, so while I know my perspective is not objective at the moment, I just want to mention it as a remote possibility to check out before you ditch the appointment.

mamas120 05-24-2006 01:13 AM

That stinks about your appt. I can't believe how unaware they were, I mean not even looking at your chart instead saying you might not be preg. geesh! I can totally understand why you'd want to switch to a midwife! :hugs:

*MamaStacy* 05-24-2006 02:18 AM

Wow, that does sound like an awful appt. :hugs: In your case, I'd probably be switching to a MW as well or a new OB. I love my OB to pieces, but he doesn't accept my insurance now so I'm not sure what we're going to do when we decide to have another baby. :headscratch: I never had an u/s before 9 weeks and even then it was a vaginal u/s. That's just nuts.....

MamaJenn 05-24-2006 05:47 AM

:hugs:

hfitz5051 05-24-2006 06:17 AM

Wow. It sounds like they have no idea what is going on there. Like they don't talk to each other lol. Good luck. I switched to a MW with my last pregnancy and loved her. I spent like an hour at each appt, but it was actually talking with her. She wanted to know how everything was going at home, with the kids...etc. She really cared, kwim?

bethanyjoy 05-24-2006 06:27 AM

Another vote for MW's...I adore them...you can't be the personal care and the continuity of caregiver. I'd at least set up an appointment to meet a MW, see what you think! :thumbsup:

prissygirls 05-24-2006 06:31 AM

There is a great midwife in the area that actually comes to your house for appointments! Can not beat that kind of service. I am just kind of sick of the whole dr. deal. I wish they did not have to make such a big deal about everything. This is my third preg. and I want it to be an enjoyable time, without added stress. If something is going to happen with the baby that is in god's hands and dr. really can not do anything to prevent it. All they do is cause undo worring on my part. I really do love my dr. she is very personalable and sweet but she has gotten so busy that now I will have to see this nurse dealy until closer to I am due. I am not thrilled with her and the phone nurse staff. I think that a midwife is a better option for my family right now. Like I said this should be an enjoyable and blissfull time for me. I am not willing to compromise on that.