Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   big family moms....diff between DC#2-#3? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82789)

ShayneLeMaster 01-09-2007 07:55 PM

big family moms....diff between DC#2-#3?

ok.. we are still young and have plenty of time to do this.. But I kinda look at it as if we are already do " this" ( having little babies we should just do it all at once ) it's how we wanted to do it when we have DD in 01.. but for whatever reason we never conceived.. until BOOM we had Gage in 6-06.. my husband is very happy with a boy and a girl.. I personally would have as many as we could comfortably afford.. but I just want to know.. what differences are there between 2 and 3 or more kids? easier or harder? right now we have a 5 year old and a 7m old.. just looking for any input on this topic.. I am looking forward to reading your input.. thanks

ttrjpbc 01-09-2007 08:04 PM

Re: big family moms....diff between DC#2-#3?

I have 6..........there wasn't a difference between 2 and 3 for me. My BIG change came with # 4 (I think I was coo-coo for awhile) then after that it didn't matter how many! I was already coo-coo so bring them on!!

Seriously though, I think everyone's tolerence is different, and my children were very close in age. When #4 was born, I had a 2yo, 3yo and 5yo.....so, that had a lot to do with my mental stability:lostit: lol

Then once I got used to having a bunch I learned to do things differently and things got easier again! Your two are far enough apart already that you wouldn't be in the same boat I was.....

dirtdartwife 01-09-2007 08:08 PM

I didn't see a difference between #2 and #3. All three of mine are 2-2.5yrs apart so we really didn't have any close together. They're all far enough apart that there is a decent age span but they are close enough to play together. The oldest is also a great help with the baby.

But I think once you figure out two... a third, fourth, fifth, six... whatever REEEALY doesn't make too much of a difference. By the time you have two, you're already used to having your mind split into different levels.

good luck if you TTC again!!! :)

chelle0518 01-09-2007 08:09 PM

Two to three was easy for me! I'm contemplating a fourth now, so I'm either totally :loony: or comfy with the transition! I think it depends on your kids...my oldest is an easy to deal with kind of guy. He was 22mo when #2 was born. I couldn't fathom a third when DS#2 was 22 months b/c he was nuts! :giggle: (still is) But he was 3 when #3 was born and it worked. You'll know what's right for you!

annes_cottage 01-09-2007 08:42 PM

For me there was no difference going from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 or 4 to 5 or 5 to 6 or 6 to 7 and i dounbt I will see one when 8 gets here!!! :laugh: Yeah, call me crazy...lol...everyone else does!! But I have had a sibling group of 5 (foster children) added on to my 6 before....which made 11...I have had a daycare for the past 8 years. So I have ALWAYS had KIDS KIDS KIDS running around. It is easier for me when I have a houseful. I wasn't happy with out them....my kids are my joy. The more the merrier...literally!! They all play well and help each other. I love it!!! I know not everyone can do it, but it comes naturally for me. :goodvibes: They also do not cost that much more either after 2 or 3. So cost is not an issue.

I say go for it!!! :lostit:

Luv2bemommy 01-09-2007 08:43 PM

Well, I'm pregnant with #4 and going from 2 to 3 kids was a BREEZE!! So, easy.. LOL My hardest for me was going from 1-2 (so far lol). :thumbsup:

pottymomma 01-09-2007 09:20 PM

I am pg. with #4. I found going from 1-2 was a breeze, but 3-4 was really hard. Then again mine are very close together...only 2 years between each of ours. Also, my husband got a new job, went away for training for 3 months leaving me to sell our house, move us, and buy a new house all within 2 months of baby 3 being born. Craaa---aaaaa---zy!!! I told him that this time around he was taking time off work and I was going to kick it in bed for a week after the baby came. So there!

1happymama 01-09-2007 10:10 PM

Thanks for starting this thread mama! I'm curious about this myself as we're going to be welcoming #3 this August. This is encouraging stuff!! :thumbsup: We definitely noticed an increase from #1-#2 so it's good to hear that that was tougher for most of you than from #2-#3. :goodvibes:

tommyzmommy 01-09-2007 11:28 PM

I'm really happy to be reading this thread too as a friend just had her second baby and I'm starting to feel the newborn love again. But #2 arrived 3 weeks before we moved states and into the in-laws house while dh started a new job, househunted and 2 yo ds1 was going nuts over all the transitions. I ended up with adrenal gland failure from the stress- thank goodness for my homeopathic md to diagnose me. But I wondered if attached parenting makes it harder to go to #3, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, and gentle disciplining. It seemed that all the people I knew who said going to 3 was easy let their babies "cry it out" or left their children with care providers. Are we hearing from the moms who choose to AP?

ShayneLeMaster 01-09-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyzmommy (Post 614044)
I'm really happy to be reading this thread too as a friend just had her second baby and I'm starting to feel the newborn love again. But #2 arrived 3 weeks before we moved states and into the in-laws house while dh started a new job, househunted and 2 yo ds1 was going nuts over all the transitions. I ended up with adrenal gland failure from the stress- thank goodness for my homeopathic md to diagnose me. But I wondered if attached parenting makes it harder to go to #3, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, and gentle disciplining. It seemed that all the people I knew who said going to 3 was easy let their babies "cry it out" or left their children with care providers. Are we hearing from the moms who choose to AP?

ok.. that kinda touches on one of my concerns...with our first.. we did everything by "the book" lol... we didnt let her CIO.. co-slept and sometimes bed-share but we did not BF and CD though.. we were young and didnt know about CD besides prefolds and pins... but I intended to BF but didnt anticpate an emergency csection and my recovery... so I couldnt stick with it..:( we have alway done gentle dicsipline ( sp) we are just very in tune with her.. ( i didnt know what AP was until about a couple months ago didnt know it had a name lol ) We just did what we thought was right for her.. ya know? but now with our son.. who is only 7m old we co-sleep and bed share becuase of night time nursings... he is about half and half CD and disposables.. I am curently switching him to CD... no CIO.. more "ap" but my fear is.. I wont ( within my self ) have the personal strength to give my son and a new baby the same attention I gave my daughter and I think I will feel guilty about not giving them the best I can..you know? and I know if my son get's older and more self sufficent ( 3+ ) I may not feel like going back and starting over.. becuase that's what it is like with my son now.. like I am starting all over.. and that feeling makes me not want to have another.. I LOVE MY KIDS.. please dont think I dont.. But as much as I have loved being a SAHM... i cant wait to get back out into the world.. make freinds, and not just people we usually see at the park on Thursday lol. ya know? But back to the AP topic on this.. I think I can be a better parent "ap" style.. with two.. like classrooms, with too many students some are left out.. and I dont want my kids to be in that position. I was intereted in hearing if anyone had those same fears/thoughts... and no one has really elaborated on it to that extent.. but maybe now some might? lol...