Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Prayers for a smooth as possible delivery... (UPDATE #5) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830793)

CJNeeley 09-09-2009 10:46 PM

Prayers for a smooth as possible delivery... (UPDATE #5)

I must be induced tomorrow morning... Need prayers for my nerves and the well-being of baby b (well both babies of course, but she's the reason for inducing)... I am very nervous and scared: of being induced, of the necessity for an epidural (esp when I have a history with unpleasant recovery from spinal taps), that we may have to do a c-section, etc... (I was really hoping to get lucky and get some contractions so we can at least skip the pitocin and that's one more thing we could keep out of this mixed bag of risks... but in all truth that's just not looking so likely as the clock winds closer and closer)

I've had a bad feeling about something going wrong for a long while now, long before the doctor told us we'd need to induce. And I'm nauseous beyond belief now as I worry about what if it wasn't just fear but premonition... I'm trying to relax but of course I really wanted an entirely different birth experience than this--on the other hand, I want my babies to be healthy and safe. So I'm trying to think positive and we are lining up help from both the hubs and visiting family members... hopefully it will go beautifully in spite of itself. :goodvibes:

this_mel_rocks 09-09-2009 10:47 PM

Re: Prayers for a smooth as possible delivery...

:pray: :hugs: :goodvibes: I will be thinking about you.

cassieJJ 09-12-2009 08:25 PM

Praying for you mama.

bean3 09-12-2009 08:27 PM

Hoping for a happy update!

CJNeeley 09-13-2009 08:34 AM

Finally home, the babies are doing well zero complications for them at birth and the girl flipped herself so the Dr didn't even have to do anything (though when he went and found her head down he decided to break her water)... I barely tore, we left the OR with everything looking like we could go home early.

Only bad thing that happened (outside of the 3 attempts to dose my epidural drama--which I wish we'd had a magic ball to know I didn't really need, but wasn't so bad I guess) was I started to bleed out/pass in and out of consciousness when they got me to recovery, and then one of the meds they gave to help with the bleeding caused rounds of vomiting and high blood pressure, and headaches. But even so was fairly minor since we were able to avoid transfusion...

They were both born a full 1.25 lbs smaller than they were measuring so I guess we actually could have gone a couple weeks longer afterall, but after thinking about the fact that they just as easily could have been off the other direction I'm less upset about inducing. I do think the doctor was looking out for me and the babies though, and ultimately was very behind me and my choices even when they weren't his own.

So now I have 2 healthy babies: Roman Josiah born 6 lb 4 oz and Marlowe Reann born 7 lb 4 oz. And what easily could have been my worst birth experience ended up pretty happily. Thanks for the prayers... :thumbsup:

THBVsMama 09-13-2009 03:36 PM

I'm so happy to hear how well your induction went and how healthy your babies came out.

happymom83 09-18-2009 11:14 PM

Re: Prayers for a smooth as possible delivery... (UPDATE #5)

yay mama!congrats on your new lil ones:)

ariandsofiesmom 09-19-2009 05:13 PM

Congrats on your new babies...Glad all is well!

Megan22 09-19-2009 05:36 PM

Congrats! I'm glad everything went okay! Your twins weight is almost the same as my twins. They were 6lbs 12 oz, and 7lbs 7oz.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-19-2009 05:59 PM

Congrats mama, I am so happy everything turned out ok and you all are doing well. That is scary about the bleeding out, I am glad you are alright.:hugs: